Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2010, 09:56 AM   #14
Junior member
Join Date: January 25, 2006
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,719
Originally Posted by elwaynum1
God Bless TEXAS!!

Just felt the need to contribute to the state battle...

Looks like you'll have to be walking to that Wal-Mart of yours because according to :

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
Negative, elwaynum.....

Because if I chose to get a Texas CHL, I would have to pay $100 to $140 for a CHL training class and then pay $140 for the state to issue the permit. $240 to $280 for the whole process?!? No way.....

I'll just walk into my local Washington LEO agency, just like any other American with a clean record can do here, with nothing but an ID document, the fingerprints on my fingers, and a mere $55.25 and have my CPL within 30days (non-residents wait up to 60 days). And then I can have my loaded handgun anywhere that I want in my car.... under the seat, in the glovebox, in a holster, duct taped to my forehead or hanging from the rearview mirror (except I would have to take down the fuzzy dice). God Bless Washington!
NavyLT is offline  
Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 7 queries