View Single Post
Old March 30, 2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: January 20, 2009
Location: Overlooking the Baker River Valley
Posts: 1,641
Vermont has no licensing requirements of any kind, so that one's easy. Maine requires a license for concealed carry - you can open carry without it, but I'd really recommend getting the license, and you need it to transport the handgun in a vehicle anyway. It's relatively painless to get a Maine non-resident license, particularly if (as I assume) you already have a Mass LTC.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you can just walk out into the woods and shoot, even when properly licensed, so check with the appropriate state agencies on that part.

ETA: Note that Maine will not honor a resident Mass LTC, nor will it honor a non-resident NH permit. New Hampshire will not honor a non-resident Maine permit.

Last edited by FlyFish; March 30, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
FlyFish is offline  
Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 7 queries