View Single Post
Old December 19, 2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: March 11, 2000
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15,982
There is no legal way to convert an un-papered machine gun into a legal Title 1 firearm. Merely being in possession of the gun without the appropriate tax stamp is technically a federal felony.

Sometimes people have wound up discovering war trophy machine guns when a relative who was a veteran passed away. The proper thing to do is to contact the BATFE and arrange for disposal of the weapon, assuming that you came into possession of it innocently. They might be able to arrange to have it donated to a museum.
2% Unobtainium, 98% Hypetanium.
The Arms Room: An Online Museum.
Tamara is offline  
Page generated in 0.03603 seconds with 7 queries