View Single Post
Old December 8, 1998, 10:40 PM   #19
Mike Mello
Join Date: December 7, 1998
Location: Hunt. Bch. CA USA
Posts: 29

I think ninpo (ninjitsu, Bujinkan, Genbukan, what ever you refer it as) calls a great deal of its techniques kata. Again it now becomes verbage and interpretation. Western boxing would call it shadow boxing, wrestling mat drills, judo uchi komi, Tae Kwon Do one step sparring. The Japanese use several terms for the same thing. Training can be "Keiko or Renshu". An outward wrist throw is called "kote gaeshi" in several arts and "omote gyuku" in the Hatsumi lineage. Confusing huh? Of which Bujinkan group do you train with?
Mike Mello is offline  
Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 7 queries