View Single Post
Old June 15, 2009, 11:25 PM   #25
dogtown tom
Senior Member
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,134
This is simply not true.

All you have to do is pay a $200 tax and fill out a form for SBR.

ATF regulations CLEARLY allow certain Lugers, Mausers and Browning Hi Powers to have an attached stock WITHOUT the owner having a tax stamp.

If you pay a $200 tax for the SBR it's no longer a pistol and my comment is still accurate.
The OP and others reading this thread are not interested in attaching a stock to a very specific model relic gun. They want to attach stocks to their Glock and other modern automatics. So I felt it was important to clearly state that you simply can't do it rather than continue to bog down the thread with NFA regulations and perhaps give some kid the idea that maybe he can attach the stock to his Glock.
Wrong again.

With the stock attached it requires a tax stamp. Without the stock attached it is still a handgun and requires no tax stamp.

What you cannot comprehend is that the rules for attaching a stock to a Glock are the same as with any other handgun. IT CAN BE DONE LEGALLY, AND IS DONE ALL THE TIME. As I stated before, you pay a tax, you can attach a stock.

It is interesting that you believe regulations "bog down" this thread. Ignorance of those regulations will send you to jail.

Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA
dogtown tom is offline  
Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 7 queries