View Single Post
Old May 29, 2009, 07:13 AM   #32
CaptainCrossman

Quote:
Quote:
This message is hidden because CaptainCrossman is on your ignore list.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quote:
FCaptain, thanks for the effort and the very enligntening information but I'm not sure I understand what it means in terms of the BP guns available to us today -- secondary-market 2nd and 3rd Gens, and Italian replicas. Should I throw away my POS NIB 3rd Gens I recently bought? And all my Uberti's? I love them all, regardless of where the parts came from.
Wobble.
Buy, collect, and shoot what ever appeals to you, regardless of where, when or who it was made by. And regardless of what anyone else thinks.
I think I'll gou out and buy a couple Brass, ASM .44 cal '51 Navies just to aggravate a few people.

Wobble,

Fingers conveniently leaves out a few very important facts- his recommendation assumes a brass frame or soft steel frame gun, is going to shoot forever and never break. The fact is, a cheap gun with inferior metallurgy, doesn't last- they do break- quickly.

Ask Fingers if he'll fix these brass frame guns he's telling you to buy, for free, when they break- parts and labor, free shipping too.

Then ask him how much powder he puts in his "brassers". They can only handle 60% maximum loads- not exactly a great personal protection/hunting load. For that, you need full chambers.

The main reason arms mfrs. use improved materials/processes, it to make a stronger, more durable product- that lasts generations. For some reason Fingers doesn't get that.

I'm not the one blocking posts- so who's really aggravated ? The test of a real man, is being able to keep your composure, when another man confronts you, and disagrees with you. Pressure makes diamonds.

This is a technical discussion, we need to rely on facts, not emotions of what we "like". That's why I contacted Henry Arms, Colt, etc.- we need the facts, straight from the source.

Fingers recommendations on gun options, are akin to telling you, buy a Yugo or Vega if you like it- they start and go, how bad can they be ??... I'm saying no, don't do that, they are junk and you'll regret it, they have a terrible service history record. They are a lemon.

Buy the best you can afford, not the worst- and do the research first. Then you'll have a gun that lasts for generations. Not a paperweight.

I just bought an 1860 stainless Army for $300. Fingers has my blessings, to buy up all the "1851 brassers" he can afford.

Last edited by CaptainCrossman; May 29, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 7 queries