View Single Post
Old April 28, 2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Dr. Strangelove
Senior Member
Join Date: August 1, 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 1,420
Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Yes, you do need to seek a gunsmith. Any competent gunsmith should be able to do this for you, it's not a very hard job. It's just a matter of having the proper proper tools. Do a Google search on "Gunsmith Ohio" and you will see several results, or ask around at your local gunshop who they have work on guns or who who may build custom guns in your area. When you call, explain that you have replaced the bolt and need the headspace adjusted.

I would suggest not saying "the barrel needs turned" as this implies reshaping the barrel on a lathe.

This hits on one of my pet peeves, folks calling themselves gunsmiths who do little more than mount scopes and bed stocks.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 28, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Dr. Strangelove is offline  
Page generated in 0.03444 seconds with 7 queries