View Single Post
Old July 24, 2008, 11:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: September 8, 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 14,258
Yeah, you can get conversion cylinders for the price of a new gun. A pinfire has a pin sticking out from the side of the cartridge. It's actually a friction primer. It fits in a notch cut into the cylinder and when the hammer falls it drives it into the cartridge creating sparks as it goes. Sorta like a friction primer for a cannon in reverse.
Hawg is offline  
Page generated in 0.04953 seconds with 7 queries