View Single Post
Old July 23, 2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Junior member
Join Date: April 8, 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,769
Find a smith that does Parkerizing, and let them strip and refinish the gun.

Unless you are fully prepared and willing to live with a ruined gun ("ugly"-ruined), go with a gunsmith. Even if you have to find an smith in a different state, do your gun and yourself a favor and have it done right. You wont regret you very well might if you do it yourself. And as you say this is a Springfield Armory 1911, I dont think you want that as a ruined gun.
Creature is offline  
Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 7 queries