View Single Post
Old November 10, 2007, 10:15 AM   #38
Creature

If it hasn't been shot, than I argue that it is not a gun. A ship isn't a ship until it floats. Until then, it is a funny shaped piece of construction.

Functional art SHOULD work. And nothing is proven to work until it does what it is expected to do.

A Mandarino or Bivins rifle is art. Those should be shot as well. A Ferrari 250 and a Bugatti 57 are works of art suitable for display in a modern art museum, but I argue that Mr Enzo Ferrari did not intend for that...he built his cars to be driven. Sure, a P-51 Mustang can be kept locked away in a museum, but to truly appreciate one, you need to see and hear (and FEEL) it fly past you at tree top level at 300 knots. A Stradivarius is ONLY appreciated if it is played.

This gun is NOT a first generation SAA. And it will never be in that league. So what if only eighty or so Mars pistols were ever made? Doesn't mean anything other than it is rare. Does that make it desirable? Doesnt mean a thing to shoot it...it is still going to be rare tomorrow. I bet there isnt an unfired Borchardt in the bunch. Still no less desirable, right?

So, shoot the damn thing and be done with it! If it such a piece of "art", which in my opinion it is not, not to worry! Apparently there will always be someone in Alaska who will want it.

Last edited by Creature; November 10, 2007 at 04:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 7 queries