View Single Post
Old November 9, 2007, 06:05 PM   #24
mordis

The big reason i dont seek training, is for 2 major reasons. First one is distance. All the highly reccommended schools for it are several states away from were i live. The one that is with in 8 hours drive is in ohio, and i dont know what laws i have to follow to get my gun into that state, secondly, the school, TDI is not highly reccommended on this forum. Second and this is the biggest issue for me and lot of other folks, is the cost. Schools like gunsite and what not charge over $1500 for some of there classes. That is just for the classes that dosent include ammo, food, and lodging. I just dont have that kind of cash to shell out for that.

Sure TDI is alot cheaper, but as everyone here is so fond of saying you get what you pay for. To make matters worse, there is no good place for training here in FT.Wayne, or northern IN. Sure there are a few NRA cert trainers here, but they all do this basic course, that involves more lecture time then range time, and the range time is all static crap i can do in my spare time.

Id love to go get professional training, but i just cant afford it.. I know alot of other people are put off by the cost as well. Every time i mention training at the range, they seem excited about it. But once i mention the cost of some of the schools, they loose all that excitement and say, something to the effect of i cant afford that.

Page generated in 0.02287 seconds with 7 queries