View Single Post
Old February 7, 2007, 11:05 PM   #12
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Well why not set up a forum for those who want those types of threads-Zombies and SHTF. People who don't want to read them can just stay out of the forums.. Seems like a simple solution to me.
Answer:
Quote:
That "silly crap" would come up on searches, be there for "New Posts", etc. It would be like the kids running underfoot and screaming while the grown-ups are trying to have a serious discussion. Not cool.
Exactly. The Firing Line remains one of the most respected firearms forums on the Web because we do take it seriously. We work hard to keep it that way, and because we do, we're able to keep serious practitioners of the Art like Mas Ayoob, Awerbuck, and others, along with everyday serious shooters, as participating Members. We're not above a little humor, but that stuff invariably degenerates into just plain silliness, and that would indeed open the floodgates to those we'd rather not have among us.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03975 seconds with 8 queries