View Single Post
Old January 8, 2006, 02:40 PM   #54
Az Qkr

"I have found that target aquisition is a bit slower than conventional point shooting."

Thats a fact sir. I hesitated to say as much in my last post for fear it would start others on a path to denial of such, which may not be in the best interest of the thread here. Possibly confusing some with less experience in threat focused shooting management.

One student at the "Sightless in Tucson" event this last Oct., an older gentlemen who has become a friend, had used a laser on his snub for some time and was enamored with it for getting good hits.

After the training, he found he was getting two solid hits before he could find the laser on the threat. He dumped the laser use unless in low light, it's not as fast in threat management for him any longer.

Skyguy: "I said 'no light' situations....And as an expert, you very well know the difference."

No light to me means no light, low light means the same, low light. In fact I've shot blacklight matches where you could not use anything but irons and no tritium/ns's were allowed.

The gun could not be seen in your hand at the shooting station but the targets at 50 feet were illiminated with blacklights which had their outlines painted with luminescent marker, dimly glowing under the blacklight.

If there had been no light no one could shoot at all, the gun and target would both be impossible to see. If you didn't mean absolutely no light by your no light statement, we have come to agreement again.

Thanks for the well wishes sir.

Robin Brown

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries