View Single Post
Old May 25, 2005, 02:51 AM   #13
Senior Member
Join Date: May 22, 2005
Location: USA The Great State of California
Posts: 2,090
Lyman hand press

flashhole asked "farmall - What kind of Lyman hand press do you have?"

Not sure what farmall had in mind, but I have, and still use, the Lyman Tong tool also known as the Lyman 310 tool. It looks like a pair of nut crackers. A set of caliber dies (usually 4) are threaded into one arm or the tool one at a time to do the de-capping, resizing/neck expansion, inserting cap, seating bullet operations. These are no longer in production, but can be bid on on ebay ... a tool w/dies goes for anywhere $25 to $75 depending upon caliber, and number of interested buyers. It is useful for loading a few at the range, or spending a quiet afternoon reloading a couple of boxes of loads.

Good Luck, and ....

Happy Shooting !

Hook686 is offline  
Page generated in 0.06943 seconds with 7 queries