View Single Post
Old August 7, 1999, 10:38 PM   #6
David Schmidbauer
Retired Screen Name
Join Date: November 17, 2000
Posts: 396

OK seeing PA is FA frendley, here are the requirements...

Be over 21, a US Citizen, No Felonies, or other wise precluded from owning a firearms.

Find a dealer. Pick out a gun. Probably put down a deposit (may or may not be refundable). Get the ATF Form 4 from the dealer (2 copies). This Form lists the Make, model, caliber, serial # of the arm you are planning to purchase.

Get 2 passport photos and afix them to the form. Get 2 sets of finger print card done up (perferably by a local LE agency).

Now comes the fun part. Take all the above to your Chief Law Enforcement Official and have him sign off on the Form 4 attesting that "I have no information indicating that the transferee will use the firarm or device descrbed on this application for other than lawful purposes. I have no information that the receipt and/or possession of the firearm described in item 4 of this form would place the transferee in violation of State or local law).

Once that is signed off on, the two forms are then sent to the ATF along with a check/money order for $200.

Some time later, could be 6 weeks to 6 months the form hopefully will be returned with a Approval Stamp (yep... you just paid $200 for a Stamp).

You can now take possession of your FA.

Very easy.

Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

David Schmidbauer is offline  
Page generated in 0.03685 seconds with 7 queries