View Full Version : Colt OM revolver parts?

Bods Oddkin
January 7, 2002, 07:26 PM
I have a Colt Officer's Model .38 Special that needs a new hand. Any ideas on who might have parts for this revolver? (The local gunsmiths here in Seattle all shrug their shoulders and claim these revolvers are obsolete and that I'm out of luck. Tell me it's not so!) Thanks.

January 7, 2002, 08:41 PM
They didn't have the part, and don't have any idea how to work on Colt revolvers.......so the line of BS.

Your gun is a Colt "I" frame revolver. The same basic gun as the Colt Python, Official Police, Trooper, etc. The Python is still in production and the parts houses have plenty of parts for your gun.

Contact Brownell's Gunsmith Supply at:

or Gun Parts Corp at:

You want a Colt "I" frame hand, cost is about $20.00.

This will need to be fitted by somebody who KNOWS just EXACTLY what he's doing. If in doubt, save yourself some grief, and send it to Colt. Very few people are qualified to work on Colt revolvers these days.

Inspector Callahan
January 7, 2002, 08:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Power Custom (http://www.powercustom.com/) works on Colt revolvers.

Bods Oddkin
January 8, 2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks to all. I had assumed that this would not have been a problem to fix, but was thinking only of parts availability and not of gunsmithing experience. I'm glad at this point that neither smith wanted to tackle it; better that I get a lie about "obsolete parts" than a cobbled-up revolver. I'll follow up on the tips you've given, and may even end up sending it to Colt. Thanks again.