View Full Version : S&W Sigma Question

December 25, 2001, 01:36 AM
I need some help removing the PLUG that comes in the bottom of the magazine well of the Sigma.

I would be thankful for all the help you can provide. :)

George Stringer
December 25, 2001, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by plug. Do you mean the mag floorplate? George

December 25, 2001, 03:13 PM
Dear George:

I am not refering to the magazine floorplate.

In the S&W parts list is called the frame plug. It's the plug that fills the posterior hole of the grip. Same as in

George Stringer
December 25, 2001, 07:56 PM
Even the detailed strip instructions in the GDB book doesn't show removing it. Looking at an exploded view I would think that you might be able to remove it from the bottom maybe after the sear housing is removed. But I really can't tell by looking at the drawing what the lip at the top hooks onto. George

James K
December 26, 2001, 02:20 AM
Off hand, I can't imagine why anyone would want to remove that plug. It is only a piece of plastic that fills the gap at the bottom and seems to provides support to the rear of the grip.

If you insist, remove the slide, then look down into the rear of the magazine well. You will see the top hook of the plug in a slot. Use a tool like a bent screwdriver to press the hook back and down. The plug will come out the bottom.

After you get the thing out, you really will wonder why you bothered.