View Full Version : Winchester model 12 12ga tube mag

November 29, 2001, 04:30 PM
I have a win.model 12 1936 patent nickle steel...a lovely shotgun handed down from grandfather/father..me...I screwed it up by putting on bars of a 3 wheeler going through fire trails bird hunting. I put 1 dent in tube mag. that will not allow shells to move past that point. I have tried everything to push dent back out without luck..I am now intent on replacing entire tube mag. spring/plug....where is the best place to search...I may not ever shoot this shotgun again but I'd like it to be in working order..thanks much if you can help

November 29, 2001, 07:24 PM
A gunsmith could get the dent out. Also Brownells sells a tool to get dents out of a barrel, and I am sure it would work for the mag tube.

Dave McC
November 29, 2001, 08:18 PM
Fixing that one is going to be both easier and cheaper than a new mag assembly,James. Any decent smith can do same.