View Full Version : I'm sure this has been asked before.

November 19, 2001, 12:00 PM
But can't figure out what words to use for search. Does anyone make a good shoulder holster with interchangeable holsters so it could be used with different guns?

November 19, 2001, 12:52 PM
I bought a strap system from Gould and Goodrich years ago which allows just any ordinary holster to be strapped on. It is made of a nylon strap to go over the gunside shoulder and provides support and balance with elastic staps across the back to the other shoulder and another down to the belt below. There is a "U" shapped piece of plastic where the holster would normally sit. Simply undo the front strap and place the holster on the the platic "U" with the holster's belt loop and replace the strap. Sounds confusing, but that's just my description, the actual system is fairly simple.

The plastic piece has the id #B 351 stamped on it. I have no idea if Gould and Goodrich still make it or where you could find one.

It works OK, but anything that you fit to is seems a little insecure (Of course, it wasn't designed for it right?) and a thumbreak holster is deffinately required...

Jim V
November 19, 2001, 07:58 PM
About any of the horizontal shoulder rigs allow for changing holsters. Undo a couple of Chicago screws and remove the one holster, put on the new and refasten the screws. Some vertical holsters will accept different pistols, my old Bianchi shoulder hoslter for the 1911 would accept my BHP and my 4" S&W M-66. Not recommended of course but it did work.

Mike in VA
November 23, 2001, 10:24 AM
I've got a Galco Jackass rig that woks as Jim V described, just undo the 4 Chicago screws to change holster/mag carrier, takes about ten minutes to change both.