View Full Version : Lil help with M-1 Carbine...

Blue Duck357
August 27, 2001, 12:20 AM
My Barrel band/bayonet lug was slipping over the little (I'm gonna sound real intellegent here :) ) little hook thingy that comes out of the stock to keep it in place. Being so bright that my father called me sun I tried bending it out a little to get more tension and broke it off.

With that wonderfull description can anyone tell me what part it is I'm talking about, where to get a new one and how to install it.

Thanks, Blueduck

4V50 Gary
August 27, 2001, 10:49 AM
It's called a Band Spring and may be had at Gun Parts Inc., Fulton Armory, and numerous other suppliers.

BTW, springs should be tempered before bending and after bending, tempered again.

James K
August 27, 2001, 11:17 AM
You drive the remainder of the broken band spring out from left to right with a suitable size punch, then install the new one.