View Full Version : Ironing out chamber

kurt IA.
August 6, 2001, 10:12 AM
Any one know a good way to iron out a 22RF, chamber? It has a buldge in it from dry-fireing, I have never done one so any help is welcome.

Jim V
August 6, 2001, 12:44 PM
Brownells offers a tool for removing such dings. http://www.brownells.com

kurt IA.
August 7, 2001, 07:49 AM
Yea, I know Jim. It's just that I hate to buy something that in 20 years I never had a call for, till now.

James K
August 7, 2001, 11:15 AM
I always used a .22 chambering reamer, but a drill of the right size (turned by hand) or a rat tail file will work OK also. If you want to try to pound the metal back instead of just removing it, insert a piece of drill rod or the un cut end of a drill into the chamber and tap the side opposite the firing pin dent. This will straighten it out unless it is really bad.


kurt IA.
August 7, 2001, 09:49 PM
Thanks Jim Keenan. Did the reamer thing, seams to be OK now.