View Full Version : Remove FAL handle

Dave P
March 8, 2001, 07:16 PM
Don't think the handle will work with a scope, so ...

How do I get the gas tube off? Looks like it has to come with the BBL, which doesn't make sense! Can I just use a punch on the lock ring by the handle - or do I need the tool? I assume those are RH threads.


March 8, 2001, 07:33 PM
To remove handle:
1.Remove handguards.
2.Remove gas plug and piston and spring.
3.Use can opener or punch to turn off gas tube nut.
(RH threads)
4.Remove handle.

Gas tube is short enough to allow gas tube nut to slide forward.

Dave P
March 12, 2001, 09:01 AM
Thanks, I will try tonite!

Badger Arms
March 12, 2001, 11:32 PM
Woa, Daves. I paid $15 for a tool that prevents you from marring the finish on your gas tube nut. It's the second one on this page:


Well worth it so you don't ruin the finish on your gun.


March 13, 2001, 12:47 AM
I was just relating the method I have used on my FAL's.
I have found that an old fashioned can opener (the type that punches triangular holes in cans) wraps around the gas nut and the part that fits in the slots is wider than the tools (that I have seen for sale) so it applies pressure on a wider portion of the slot.