View Full Version : Any Way to Register AR-15 as Short Bbl?

December 22, 2000, 02:21 AM
I live in Utah and own a pre-ban AR-15 and I am wondering if there is any way to register my gun as a short bbl rifle, so that it can legally be equiped with a bbl shorter than 16".

December 22, 2000, 10:46 AM
You need to fill out a Form 1 and sent it in to the ATF with a check for $200. Do not build a short barreled rifle until you get the form back!

You can use Danbrews excellent PDF version of the form at http://www.titleii.com/pdf/newform1.pdf