View Full Version : M1 Carbine Magazine question.

October 21, 2012, 12:46 AM
I came across a 15 round M1 Carbine magazine today. It has a, 'IS', or 'SI' stamp on the exterior body, a flat area I'd call the spine of the magazine. Anyone know if this is GI? Thanks.

October 21, 2012, 01:54 AM
Use this site: http://www.eqth.net/mirror/carbinemags/#rock

and compare the markings on the magazine to examples there. If it's marked with a ' mark on either side of the lettering, I can't find any magazines that were made with such marks.

You have to remember, carbine magazines, as well as most any part for an M-1 Carbine, continue to be made in foreign countries. And, though it's sad as hell, there are people who buy these foreign parts, mark them exactly like actual USGI parts, and sell them as genuine USGI parts.

October 21, 2012, 07:11 AM
If I recall SI is Seymore Products and would be a GI mag. More than one variation of the SI mag.

James K
October 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
SI is Seymour for Inland.