PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Millenium

Seminole1986
November 20, 2000, 08:15 PM
I was looking at replacing my PPK/s w/something that packs more punch but in about the same size. My one catch is that the gun must have a manual safety. Apparently, the only one out there is the Millenium line from Taurus. Any input on this? Some old posts disparage the line but w/out giving any details.

Regards,

George Hill
November 20, 2000, 09:01 PM
Well - the only thing about the Tauri is its trigger.
It feels like your dragging a Piano over Gravel.
But for what it is... Its just fine.
I like it.
I am waiting for Taurus to release its Titanium version chambered for .45ACP.
Yes - they have them... showed them at SHOT SHOW 2000, but havent put them on the market yet.
Small, Light, Potent... For a concealed carry pistol - its amazing!

Steve Smith
November 20, 2000, 09:55 PM
sucks.

Gary40
November 21, 2000, 12:40 AM
Last January I bought the PT-140 and was really excited about. I had only read good reports in gun mags and have not found TFL yet.Like you I wanted an external safety. Its trigger was indeed bad ,it malfunctioned alot in variuos manners, and the safty was so loose that I couldn't trust it. I sent it back ($30 shippping) and Taurus did a great trigger job on it and it fed ammo a little better but still not perfect and they did nothing for the safety so I assume they think its OK. At this point I started to question what I want in a ccw type gun and if for me the safety is more of a negative than not. I shot a friends Glock 27 and it changed all my misconceptions. I sold the Taurus at a great loss and got a G27 and fell in love with it. Add a Sidearmor IWB and I was set! Safety is between the ears. I understand we all must find what works for ourselves but training and responsible handling will always come first. My Glock only goes off when I press the trigger. I don't mean to bash Taurus at all I own a PT-22 and would buy a wheel from them but they miissed on this series. I also dont mean that Glocks are the only handgun to have, just that there are many finer guns than the Milleniums. Just my$.02 hope it helps.

aerod1
November 21, 2000, 10:43 PM
I have one that has never failed to function properly. It is small, holds 10 rounds, dependable, acceptable accuracy, and it has a great warranty (lifetime).

Jim Hall

Rich Lucibella
November 21, 2000, 11:25 PM
Moving to Semiauto forum.
Rich

Onslaught
November 22, 2000, 12:46 PM
Just my little opinion, but the Kahr P9 is the closest pistol I've found to the Walther PPK/S. It's lighter, but about the same size, holds the same #of rounds, but in 9mm! No, it doesn't have an external safety, but it's the pistol that changed my mind on needing one anyway!

My M-I-L (wife's mother) has the Taurus in 9mm, and she loves it, but never puts the safety on because it's so LOOSE! And yes, the trigger BITES! It's the worst trigger I've ever pulled, including the Kel-Tec! It feels like a true cap-gun from Wallyworld! Try it! You'll hate it!

I am every bit as happy with my Kahr P9 as my wife is with her Kahr MK9! I've finally found my ccw, and now I'm moving on my next pistol acquisition endeavor!

But, ultimately, whatever makes you happy... but try 'em all before you buy one! Even the ones without safeties!

Stretch
November 22, 2000, 01:02 PM
How about a Sig P239, Maryland edition?

iplaypearldrums
April 19, 2005, 10:19 PM
did u drag the piano on it's wheels or on it's flat side??,grand piano or upright??

iplaypearldrums
April 19, 2005, 10:21 PM
a jennings 9mm can be rough too, rock out w/ your glock out!!

FirstFreedom
April 19, 2005, 10:24 PM
The trigger on mine in .45 acp is *like buttah*, and I'm not hallucinating or kidding - easily the lightest and smoothest DA trigger I've ever felt. The safety is a positive click as well - stays on. The only drawback to this pistol that I've found is that the point of impact is way low - it's gonna need a lower front sight to get the POI up - bum deal there. Dunno if they're all like that or just mine.

Pearl, you're a trip - can't decide if you're a troll or what, dredging up old threads... :p

Bullrock
April 20, 2005, 08:43 AM
I own a Millenium Pro 9SS. If you like a DAO it's a nice gun. I used to shoot it alongside my G26 and the trigger actions were very close.

Most of the desparaging remarks about the Taurus line goes back a bit to their millenium series. The new millenium pro series fixed those problems.

For a time Taurus and Smith & Wesson were sister companies, and for a time Taurus made the 92fs for Beretta.

I also own a PT-92 SS5 and its a nice shooter right out of the box. I recently purchased a sweet little taurus 85 UltraLite revolver in back with pearl grips, and gold hammer, trigger and cylinder release.

Good luck in your hunt

Hawken1911
April 20, 2005, 04:07 PM
I'm with FirstFreedom; I'm really impressed with the trigger on mine, and I love the gun overall. I have owned a variety of guns by many of the top brands, and I've shot even more, and yet my new Millenium Pro .45 might prove to be my favorite carry gun, and with 11 rounds, it might even replace my 1911 for home defense duty.

It's a shame that people confuse the Millenium models with the newer Millenium Pro models; it's like comparing apples and oranges. Even the original question here referred to the "Millenium line", which had a lot of complaints, including trigger pull. But since the Millenium Pro series is available now, you don't know if people who say they suck really have recent experience witht he "pros", or if they're still living in the past.

Bullrock
April 20, 2005, 05:09 PM
Nice post Hawken1911, and right on!

tex45acp
April 21, 2005, 07:28 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones as well.....I have a PT145 Millennium Pro that has a trigger that is like running your finger through water. When I first bought the gun I thought something was wrong....like they forgot to install the trigger return spring or mabey the trigger was not attached to the sear or hammer. My buddy has one and his is the same. I did'nt think anything could come close to the superb trigger my Sig has but the Taurus is a very close second.

It is great to shoot and the accuracy is also good. Double tapps are almost too easy. I carry the gun daily as my office CCW. I can slip into the front pant pocket of my dress slacks, a spare mag in the other front pocket and no one is the wiser.

I have owned several Taurus revolvers over the years and liked them all but I really like this pistol. I have 4 friends that were, like me, looking for a small .45acp to carry either as primary or backup and after shooting mine they all four now own a PT-145.

There were some problems with the previous models frames cracking but I have the latest version of the Millennium Pro...the one with the little accessory rail and after a couple of thousand rounds I have experienced zero problems....it's kinda like an old Timex watch.....takes a likkin & keeps on tikkin.

45 Fu
April 21, 2005, 08:43 PM
I have had two PT-111s and a PT-99. All were excellent weapons, reliable, and served their purpose well. I still have a PT-111 that I carry when I can't carry my Glock 22.

Gary L. Griffiths
April 21, 2005, 09:05 PM
My PT-145 Millennium Pro has been my carry piece for a couple of years now. Trigger isn't butter smooth, but nowhere near as bad as the Kel-Tec P-11; not bad for a combat weapon.

Utterly reliable, almost match accuracy. (With a better trigger I'd put it up against some tuned 1911s! :eek: )

And I really like having 11 rds of .45 available instantly.

emt118
April 21, 2005, 10:38 PM
I carry the taurus pt-111 millennium pro and its the best little shooter I have ever had can't say anything bad about it the safty is tight and it shoots a nice pattern not happy with the jennings i had every time i pulled the triger the dam mag fell out ........strange just my 2c