PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna get major flack for this thread...

phatspeed7x
September 20, 2011, 10:40 PM
Nutnfancy just did a table top review on.....

Hi Point C9 9mm.

http://youtu.be/tkq7WdB-0LA

Enjoy!!!!!

:D

9mm
September 20, 2011, 10:42 PM
GOOD FIND :D

checkmyswag
September 20, 2011, 10:49 PM
His videos are pretty good. Where is he out of? UT?

phatspeed7x
September 20, 2011, 10:50 PM
Alot of people hate Hi Point, and Nutnfancy. Personally I don't mind the either. I own a Hi Point, and I am a TNP'er. :eek:

phatspeed7x
September 20, 2011, 10:51 PM
I do think he is out of UT.

shortwave
September 20, 2011, 11:48 PM
Oh no!

Not another person surprised about a HiPoint...and again, on film at that.

Here we go again!

BarryLee
September 20, 2011, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I hate to offend anyone, but notice that what the guy is wearing probably cost more than the gun. Again, just sayin… ;)

C0untZer0
September 21, 2011, 01:24 AM
There are some really professional guys out there with their YouTube work - like Sturmgewehre.

NutnFancy is just steeped in egotism.

He is like the epitome of "Look at me ! Look at me !" He has a lot of gun knowledge but his ideas are idiotic.

He recomends using aluminum cased amunition because keeping the weight down on your CCW is the number 1 concern...

I could go on with all the stupid stuff he says. And his frickin fanatical fetish with painting everything desert tan and coyote brown.

The people at Kel-Tec have really learned how to play him. He's like one of those kids in school who was unpopular and would do anything to have a friend. Chad from Kel-Tec laughs at his jokes and buddies up with him - and look how much free advertising they've got from it.

His dad didn't pay enough attention to him when he was a kid - look how he turned out :eek:

He sounds like he has a California dialect... he says "dude" more than most people outside of California do...

raftman
September 21, 2011, 02:19 AM
I don't mind the guy. What I like about this video in particular is that it does appear that this time he has fired the gun extensively and so forth.

In some of his other table-top reviews, he will say that he never fired the gun and so he draws inferences about reliability, accuracy, etc from what the general consensus is from the shooting public or the internet or from amongst his buddies or what not. Which I guess isn't in and of itself a bad a thing, one can't possibly have tried every single gun out there, so the general consensus is something useful to go off.

The thing is, he still refers to such videos as "data points" but if he himself hasn't tried the gun and is merely repeating what others have said then it's not really adding any data.

phatspeed7x
September 21, 2011, 02:52 AM
Like he said in the review that he have this gun several months... If he had done the review earlier in the year he would of join the hater's club. But after Hi Point fixed the problem it was 100% trouble free.

I have over 600 rounds through mine, and I'm very happy with mine. Great 9mm handgun.

sailskidrive
September 21, 2011, 05:36 AM
If I remember correctly he's a Lt Col in the USAF.

I think some of his videos are okay, others a little lame. He did a series a while ago where he was running a tacti-kewl Mini against an AR in a goofy obstacle course out in the desert; it was kind of ridiculous.

But I've go to hand it to him, he's taken the initiative to put together a regular series of videos that are reasonably well made on his own time and dime. We're all just sitting here being arm chair critics. ;-)

Mike Irwin
September 21, 2011, 06:11 AM
Let's remember something, folks.

This thread is about the review, the results of the review, and the firearm in the review. That's because TFL is a FIREARMS forum, and this is the semiauto forum.

If people continue to turn it into a moriatorium on this Nutnfancy person?

I'll give those people a resoundingly negative review.

SPUSCG
September 21, 2011, 09:53 PM
Good review, i like how it has a good score price considered and awful not considered.

8shot357
September 23, 2011, 06:21 AM
A little long to say the least, but I have nothing bad to say about the Hi-point. I did laugh the first time I saw one in person though.:D

BlackJackID
September 23, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm impressed, thats a good, fair, review. I personally don't own a high point, never have, but the ones that I have seen were accurate and were very reliable. I think having any gun is better than not having a gun at all, and if it was all I could afford, yep, dang sure I would have one. Great Find.

tipoc
September 23, 2011, 01:12 PM
oops

MrWesson
September 23, 2011, 01:43 PM
Liked the review although a little long winded Nutn doesn't miss anything.

Notice how the thing was a POS when it got to him though.. I had a C9 and it took a couple trips to the factory to get it 100%(bought used) which I didn't care for.

Youtube the C9 torture test for some good laughs and :eek:.

A hint towards the c9 torture they hammer a bolt in the chamber and use more than twice max load of bullseye and try to blow it up(multiple takes).

Mrgunsngear
September 23, 2011, 01:46 PM
I think both nutnfancy and sturmgreweir (sp?) do a great job. A lot of nutnfancy's videos are opinion and that's fine. After all, this is a gun forum which is 95% opinion after all :D

Chris_B
September 23, 2011, 09:31 PM
Nutinfancy seems to do a measurably better job in his videos than the average TFLer, as a casual observation. He's doing things from a certain point of view- his. I don't have to agree with his every word. Plus, he wedged a movie review in there too, because he wanted to