PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPQ Warranty

TunnelRat
September 19, 2011, 01:21 PM
Hi all,
Considering a Walther PPQ as an all purpose gun. Seems to have what I want. However, I know nothing of Walther's warranty, if they have one, and how service for them would work. I know Smith and Wesson imports them. Other than that I haven't found too much info. Could someone give me some info?

-TR

balance
September 19, 2011, 02:33 PM
Walther pistols are currently imported, distributed, and serviced by Smith & Wesson. S&W has a track record of having excellent customer service. The PPQ has a lifetime warranty.

TunnelRat
September 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
@Balance
Are you sure about that? I read some threads today that said Walther was a 1 year warranty.

Coach Z
September 19, 2011, 03:02 PM
I bought a used walther p-22 that was 4+ years old and discovered a small issue (worn trigger spring) Smith paid shipping both ways and I had it back in a week. Their service is FANTASTIC!

balance
September 19, 2011, 03:57 PM
The PPQ has a lifetime warranty as is stated in the manual.

The P99 and PPS had 1-year warranties, but most of the reports I've seen where P99 and PPS owners contacted CS for major issues after that warranty had expired, had CS treat their pistols like they had a lifetime warranty to begin with, even some that were over ten years old.

But you can be 100% sure that the PPQ has a lifetime warranty.

TunnelRat
September 19, 2011, 05:38 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Uncle Malice
September 19, 2011, 05:43 PM
Walther pistols are currently imported, distributed, and serviced by Smith & Wesson. S&W has a track record of having excellent customer service. The PPQ has a lifetime warranty.

This. ^

Even though the PPS says it only has a 1 year warranty... I had superb service on a USED PPS that I bought cheap and broken. S&W paid for it to be sent back on their dime, and replaced the gun with a brand new one due to broken internals. The new gun has been flawless for about 1500 rounds and I couldn't be happier. The one I bought used was about 3-4 year old.

They also sent me 3 brand new magazines.

I can't speak highly enough of S&W customer service. I have purchased several S&W guns simply because of my experience with their CS and I encourage anyone else to do the same.

I also called to inquire about buying a second pinky extension and additional take-down tools for my M&P compact, since only 1 of the mags come with the extension. They sent the additional extension and 3 take down tools. All free of charge on my end.

Great company. Period.