PDA

View Full Version : 1911 noob q's

zachkuby87
September 18, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hey guys so I am completely new to 1911's and rather than go buy a 1000$+ gun and just shoot it I decided I want to buy a cheaper 1911. Shoot it and modify it over time to fit my needs. I'm not looking to build an amazing tack driver this gun is purely for the knowledge and learning experience of inner workings and the science of building a bad ass 1911. I plan to attempt to refinish the gun a some point. I was wondering what you would start with I'm looking to keep the cost of the gun itself under 500 dollars. Thisis the gun I've been eyeballing for the last few days any opinions?http://www.rsrgroup.com/catalog/product/ARM51438FC

Or what would you use?

Mrgunsngear
September 18, 2011, 06:13 PM
http://centerfiresystems.com/AC-RI1911-2011.aspx

I'd go with the above gun. Any Armscor 1911 will suit your needs. They're good firearms with solid frames and slides. The only knock the aficionados will give you is the MIM parts but if you're going to use it for a build, who cares? The reason I'm voting for the railed version is it just gives you extra options. That's just my line of thinking but I know it's not popular with some around here...:p

zachkuby87
September 18, 2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah I'm not such a big fan of railed 1911's it just doesn't do such a good looking classic gun any justice imo I have plenty of pistols with rails and I only own 1 laser that I used once took it off and put it away. Though I have been coming around to the full railed 1911's they don't look so bad I've only seen a couple though and they were fully custom guns. Nvm I didn't think that was a full rail lol I posted a reply before I checked your link. I did not know one could be had for that cheap I guess I have some thinking to do. I thought it was gonna look like the railed taurus's whicht look like ****.

Jason_G
September 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
Shoot it and modify it over time to fit my needs.

Just to let you know what you're getting into:

Modifying a 1911 does not generally involve "drop in" parts. Most parts have to be fit. There's a lot of hand fitting that goes into a custom 1911. That's why they cost what they do. To say you are going to modify it over time means that you are okay with learning how to do a little basic gunsmithing, and probably purchasing some tools. Some things are easy to replace, but for others, a skilled hand and some knowledge may be prerequisites.

So, let's play this out. You buy a cheap 1911, spend a lot of time and money over the course of some time-frame, putting higher end custom parts into the gun, and when you are done, you have a $400 gun with at least another $400 worth of parts, and if you decide to sell it ever, you will probably get $400 for it.

I'm not trying to dissuade you at all from your plan, but I do want you to have an idea of what you will be getting into. If you're okay with that, then I say go for it, it would be a great learning experience, and you will know what to look for if and when you purchase another 1911. On the other hand, if you don't want to get that involved, either time-wise or money-wise into one pistol, you can see how it might be advantageous to buy a more expensive (ie better built) 1911. Also, don't forget about the used market. You can pick up some top notch gently used semi customs in the kilobuck range, if you are patient.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

ETA: if you decide to buy cheap and modify, get Kuhnhausen's book (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13815/ttver=2/Product/JERRY_KUHNHAUSEN_THE_U_S__M1911_M1911A1_PISTOLS_A_SHOP_MANUAL).

Another edit: have you considered buying a slide and frame from Caspian or STI and building from the ground up?

Jason

zachkuby87
September 18, 2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah I'm perfectly ok with investing money I won't be getting back I have no intentions of ever selling it even though that's not always the case but. If its my first build and it turns out nice it'll probably end up in the safe for sentimental value something to show the grandkids one day. I just want a solid base to start off with. I was lookin at taurus and a few others but after some research it looks like the rock island is the way to go for me. What kind of tools am I going to be needing? I'm going t order a brownells catalog are there any other companies I should check out as far as parts and tools go? I'm orderin the gun through my ffl where I get all my other stuff from because his prices and customer service are amazing.
Edit: yeah I looked at sti and caspian but from the looks of it that would be something I would wanna do once I'm a little more experienced and have a few more dollars to spend.

Jason_G
September 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
What kind of tools am I going to be needing? I'm going t order a brownells catalog are there any other companies I should check out as far as parts and tools go? I'm orderin the gun through my ffl where I get all my other stuff from because his prices and customer service are amazing.

I would go to the gunsmithing section, and start asking questions there. I would say get Kuhnhausen's manual, look at what you are comfortable doing, and determine what tools you will need from there. I can't tell you what you will need until you know what you plan to do exactly. Different tools for different jobs. If you plan on doing a trigger job, you'd need stones for cleaning up the edges of the ignition parts, if you plan on putting in a new extractor, it will need to be properly tensioned, which may require an extractor tensioning gauge set, etc. You get the picture. The guys in the smithing section could help you out. There are some talented and knowledgeable guys that hang out in that sub-forum.

Jason

zachkuby87
September 18, 2011, 07:37 PM
Alright awesome ill give those guys a shout. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully this works out right maybe I can turn building 1911's into a winter hobby cause that's exactly why I'm builing it my summer thing is motorcycles but when there's snow th bike goes away so I need something to keep me occupied

Jason_G
September 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
One other thing that you might want to investigate before you spend any money is what the specs are on the dimensions of any pistol you plan on using for the build. I'm sure there are some out there that have oddball dimensions, etc.

Jason

Sarge43
September 18, 2011, 08:59 PM
You might also check out the Citadel line of 1911's. They are getting good reviews, and are in your price range.
Good luck!
Sarge

ep2621
September 18, 2011, 09:07 PM
Funny you mention a Citadel. I recently purchased an officers model and just got it back from my gunsmith. It wasn't anything wrong with the gun. I just wanted to make mine a little different from the rest. (like the OP)

zachkuby87
September 18, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ill check em out for sure I'm not set on any specific 1911 yet.

Sarge
September 18, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hunt around for the cheapest used Rock or Auto Ordnance fulls-size, used pistol you can find. Take a hard look at the frame ramp to be sure that some dremel-tard hasn't 'polished' it until it undercuts the barrel throat. Otherwise, you should be good. Be sure and get the Kuhnhausen Book One and study it like you were taking a final exam.

Aguila Blanca
September 18, 2011, 09:34 PM
Thisis the gun I've been eyeballing for the last few days any opinions?http://www.rsrgroup.com/catalog/product/ARM51438FC

The Armscor (Rock Island, or RIA) Tactical is an excellent entry-level 1911, and their customer support is arguably the best in the industry.

What kind of tools am I going to be needing? I'm going t order a brownells catalog are there any other companies I should check out as far as parts and tools go?
Most fitting for a 1911 can be done with hand tools. A decent set of small "jewelers" files is a good idea. Brownells has a good set, and you can also find a perfectly serviceable set from Harbor Freight Tools. You should have a 1/8" and 3/32" drift punch, and ideally one of each in both steel and brass. Get a bench block. Brownells has them in both plastic and steel. I see a lot of people using the blue plastic one, but I'm old-fashioned -- if I'm hammering steel parts, I want a solid support. Steel for the win.

Definitely a dial or digital caliper. Harbor Freight is fine for this, and whatever caliper is on sale when you get to their web site is probably fine (with one exception -- they occasionally try selling off a model calibrated ON THE DIAL in both 64ths of an inch and hundredths. And that's the problem -- it only reads to hundredths, and you want thousandths.).

k511
September 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
ive always had great luck with my mil spec RIA 1911 cant say anything bad about it, for 450 new cant beat it... my springfield mil spec which i was able to find for 550 otd, used but in excellent condition is probably my favorite of my sub 1k 1911's

Carry_24/7
September 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
Listen to Jason_G......

With the way you are heading, consider this a tinkering/learning project, and do not be too disappointed if you have continuous problems. Being new to the 1911, on a budget, and looking for a "fixer-upper" is a combination that will probably land you back in the threads because something is wrong with the gun.

zachkuby87
September 19, 2011, 01:22 AM
Yes I have no illusions about the project being easy I understand fully that odds are I may take a few trys here and there and I may even have to buy the same part a few times from little screw ups but hey it'll be a fun learning experience and rewarding when all said and done.

Skans
September 19, 2011, 09:23 AM
Why not just buy a frame from Fusion Firearms and make it a project build.

Amin Parker
September 19, 2011, 12:51 PM
I think you doing the right thing by buying a stock pistol and only changing what you want to. I think thats the way to go and you will more than likely end up with a pistol you enjoy.

I would recommend a Norinco. I have 3 of them and have been very happy.

Good luck.

jimbob86
September 19, 2011, 01:07 PM
I have a Charles Daly (KBI), and understand that Armscor is the same operation in the Phillipines ...... the magazines that came with the gun were junk, but replacing them with Wilson 47D's solved that.

Thousands of rounds later, it still works.

booker_t
September 19, 2011, 01:11 PM
Pick up a used Para GI Expert or Springfield and be done with it.

Kayser
September 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
I may be a little different here, but I actually think it's totally worth it to spend a few hundred dollars more on a solid 1911 than go for a low end one. Why? A couple trips to the range is going to cost that much in ammo.

Let's say you buy a $600 1911 instead of a better made $1000 one. So that's $400. Average box of WWB out there is about $0.50/round in these parts. So you're talking 800 rounds of ammo. What's that, 3 trips to the range?

Cost of feeding a gun is so high compared to the cost of the gun itself, it's just worth it to buy something nice, IMO. Not a $2500 custom space gun, mind you. But get that better-than-entry grade Springfield or Kimber. You won't regret it even in the medium term.

Te Anau
September 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
Just get one of these bad boys and be done with it!
Hammer forged frame,slide & barrel........beautiful gun!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=60546

jimbob86
September 19, 2011, 01:58 PM
Cost of feeding a gun is so high compared to the cost of the gun itself, it's just worth it to buy something nice, IMO. Not a $2500 custom space gun, mind you. But get that better-than-entry grade Springfield or Kimber. You won't regret it even in the medium term.

"Cost of feedaing a .45 ACP is so high that not handloading for it is just silly: you can buy a whole 'nother gun with the money saved ......

At $.50 a pop for factory ammo, and less than $.20 for reloads (14 cents for Berry's plated bullets, 3 cents for a primer, less than 2 cents for powder, and .45 ACP brass lasts near forever...... and can be scrounged for free) .... if you shoot 100 rounds a month, 10 months a year, you have easilypaid for your reloading tools the first year, and will be saving $300 every year thereafter.... 4 years to a very nice semi-custom gun, or 8 years to a Wilson...... unless you are like most people and just shoot more.....

jimbob86
September 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just get one of these bad boys

You got the bad part right.....

be done with it

If you are lucky.... if you are not, the gun will spend more time at Taurus than at the range......

jakeLC
September 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
1911's are very complex and hardly anything is just drop in. i have 2 and i wouldnt trust myself to modify them, everything i want comes from the gunsmith. but if you think you can do it go for it.

Te Anau
September 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
If you are lucky.... if you are not, the gun will spend more time at Taurus than at the range......
The Taurus 1911 is underrated........its another hater deal like Hi-Points.

Skans
September 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
I would like the Taurus 1911 if parts were interchangeable with standard 1911 parts. Apparently they aren't, otherwise it might be a good basic gun modify.

booker_t
September 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
Interesting run-down of a variety of 1911 pattern pistols:

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/showthread.php?tid=6157

Chris_B
September 19, 2011, 04:16 PM
from long experience with classic cars:

Buy a good one to start with. Yeah. Experience is great. Do you know what knowing the tricks on getting big diameter tubular headers into a 1970 A-Body, or being able to to rebuild a carb on the manifold got me? A lot of memories of when I was working on the car instead of driving it, that's what

Te Anau
September 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
Awesome site booker_t....thanks!
:cool:

bac1023
September 19, 2011, 05:50 PM
Take a look at the guide in my signature. There are several choices at $500 or below.

Tom Servo
September 19, 2011, 06:40 PM
Take a hard look at the frame ramp to be sure that some dremel-tard hasn't 'polished' it until it undercuts the barrel throat.
"Dremel-tard..." I love it :)

The second biggest issue I see with 1911's is hammer follow, which is indicative of an incompetent trigger job done by cousin Joe Bob. With the grip safety depressed and thumb safety off, cock the hammer, then push it down hard. If it falls, somebody's been tinkering.

zachkuby87
September 19, 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the good advice. I'm thinking I'm gonna try to save a few more bucks and buy used so it may be a while cause I'm gonna wait for the right deal

rdmallory
September 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
Yea look at the comments on Buds site on the Taurus 1911. Guess all those guys raving how good it is is wrong. I have one in stainless and could not be happier. And Yes I changed out the hammer and sear with one from Brownells with no problem. Also changed out the ambidextrous safety lever.

Most users knock the Taurus 1911 have never owned one. One thing I will say about them their bluing on the blue ones is about like a sharpie. Will rub off quickly.

Doug

zachkuby87
September 19, 2011, 10:37 PM
So I contacted my ffl that I usually purchase fromand he says his supplier is out of the ria tactical's but have 8 taurus's ready to ship. He said its about a month wait on te ria but he can have the taurus to me in just about any flavor they offer in 4-5 business days. Would you wait or go for the taurus? I would get either the blued version and refinish it or go ss and leave it alone as far as finish goes. I've really been itching to check taurus out but I don't know anyone who owns one personally and I don't believe much can be learned by renting beat down range guns just because I don't know the history at all and who knows how many times its broke before it was made into a reliable pistol.

AustinTX
September 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
Yea look at the comments on Buds site on the Taurus 1911. Guess all those guys raving how good it is is wrong.

Bud's erases negative reviews of their products. There goes that.

So I contacted my ffl that I usually purchase fromand he says his supplier is out of the ria tactical's but have 8 taurus's ready to ship. He said its about a month wait on te ria but he can have the taurus to me in just about any flavor they offer in 4-5 business days. Would you wait or go for the taurus?

Hell no I wouldn't go for the Taurus. The RIA is a great entry-level 1911. Just do a little more research on the Taurus before making that mistake. There are much better alternatives in the same price bracket. Just exercise a little patience and end up with a much better gun.

Check out this buyer's guide before making any final decisions: http://www.1911addicts.com/showthread.php?511-Buyer-s-guide-for-all-you-1911-addicts.

zachkuby87
September 20, 2011, 02:18 AM
Good read thanks.that guy has a lot of dough to have all them 1911's. I'm probably gonna wait on the ria. I still want the taurus though I think ill just hint around to everyone that that's what I want for christmas or maybe ill buy it whn I hit the lotto or somethin lol.

booker_t
September 20, 2011, 08:04 AM
So that's interesting.. it looks like the foreign link I posted was somebody who ripped off the 1911-addict's website.

AustinTX
September 20, 2011, 08:52 AM
Oops, I didn't see that BAC had already posted his guide before my post.

So that's interesting.. it looks like the foreign link I posted was somebody who ripped off the 1911-addict's website.

Yep, and without any of BAC's actual reviews.

Te Anau
September 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
Bud's erases negative reviews of their products. There goes that.
Really?.............Huh

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73923
&
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=70845
&
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48311
&
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411544529
&
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411544529
&
Well you get the point........:rolleyes:
I really don't give a rats patooty about what anyone else buys,but take exception to things that simply aren't true.My recommendation to the OP is that if a Taurus wont work for you & you are considering RIA,at least take a look at Shooters Arms Manufacturing which is also out of the Philippines.They build a better gun (IMHO) in that they use a forged slide on their 1911's which most people would consider superior to a cast slide.
Aim surplus has them in stock as I type.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1ATFX45&name=FX45+GI+.45acp+Pistol&groupid=3

Te Anau
September 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
One more for me in this thread.......
There are much better alternatives in the same price bracket.
Please....please.....please post the links of where we can buy a brand new polished stainless steel 1911 that has all the bells and whistles (including picatinny rail) with the exception of night sites and walk out of the gun store with this gun in hand for a total cost of $545.00

zachkuby87
September 20, 2011, 01:38 PM
I don't think he means better as in more features I'm pretty sure he's talking about the name on the slide.

Aguila Blanca
September 20, 2011, 06:22 PM
Would you wait or go for the taurus?
Wait.

You're talking about the company with the worst customer service reputation in the firearms industry (Taurus), against possibly the best (Rock Island).

Wait.

AustinTX
September 20, 2011, 06:44 PM
Really?.............Huh

Uh, yeah, really. I didn't say that they erased every negative comment, nor did I claim that they were perfectly consistent about it. But I know people who have had their negative reviews erased, and there are numerous complaints about the practice across numerous gun forums.

I don't think he means better as in more features I'm pretty sure he's talking about the name on the slide.

Yes, I'm referring to the quality of the competition's products. I didn't make any claims or comparisons about "bells and whistles" on the different guns. All of those bells and whistles don't make up for overall low quality. A better-quality gun with fewer features would certainly constitute a better alternative.

zachkuby87
September 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah ill be waiting for the ria because I searched everywhere and yeah there are some ppl well actually a lot of ppl who like taurus but the few that aren't happy are realy mad about them and I can find hundreds of bad customer service complaints and only 1 or 2 compliments to the taurus customer service department. On the other hand its the exact opposite with ria I can find tons of people who are happy with the customer service an no real complaints. I found one guy on youtube who said his ria was having ejection problems and he sent it in when he got it back the problem persisted so he sent it back again and ria sent him a brand new pistol. Now if that's not good customer service I don't know what is.

Tom Servo
September 20, 2011, 08:44 PM
All of those bells and whistles don't make up for overall low quality. A better-quality gun with fewer features would certainly constitute a better alternative.
Absolutely right. I've seen more than a few problems with the Taurus 1911s. The lock flag is frequently a problem, and taking it out means replacing the hammer. New ones have to be fitted by a smith. I've also seen firing pins crack within the first box of ammunition, and one on which the grip safety was so poorly fitted it would stay engaged after being released.

In comparison, the only problem I've seen is that some of the Rock Island builds don't like hollow-points. The problem seems limited to the compact models, and even then, it's easily fixed.

booker_t
September 21, 2011, 08:54 AM
I usually wouldn't tout a Nutnfancy video, but in this case I actually suggest looking it up. If for no other reason than to look over the shoulder of a gunsmith. He took a Taurus 1911 to a smith at Impact Guns, who gave it a fairly thorough tune-up and some modification.

I think that's the key with the Taurus, they're a decent gun but need some TLC and then they can really sing.

However if I were to purchase a Taurus myself, I'd go for the 92, made on the same equipment and with the same expertise that went into the Beretta.

bac1023
September 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
Interesting run-down of a variety of 1911 pattern pistols:

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/s...d.php?tid=6157

Yeah, that site ripped off my review on GT, not the one I posted on 1911Addicts. The latter has more models and many more pictures.

AustinTX
September 21, 2011, 09:29 AM
However if I were to purchase a Taurus myself, I'd go for the 92, made on the same equipment and with the same expertise that went into the Beretta.

I agree that the PT-92 is far and away the best bet if you're going to buy a Taurus pistol, but I have to comment on a persistent internet legend whenever I see it: the gun is not made on Beretta tooling. It once was, but both companies have replaced their equipment in the years since 1980, and the workforce is no doubt significantly different now as well. The guns are made on Taurus machinery to Taurus specs, which is why they lack the excellent fit and finish and overall smoothness of the Beretta, but the 92 design is inherently a little more forgiving of loose/imprecise Taurus tolerances than some other designs, so the PT-92s generally seem to work very well.

There are also other differences between the PT-92 and the 92FS that are worth mentioning. To the best that I've been able to determine, the (non-stainless) PT-92 uses 4140 carbon steel for the slide and barrel and not the 4340 and 8640 steels that the non-stainless Beretta 92s use for the slide and barrel, respectively. The carbon steel PT-92 has just a black oxide finish and not the more corrosion-resistant Bruniton finish on the Beretta. For whatever reason, Taurus continues to use the oldest locking block design, which is not nearly as durable on average as the third-generation locking block the Beretta uses; a lot of PT-92 owners buy the $35 locking block from Beretta and swap out the old-style block.

booker_t
September 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
AustinTX, for clarification, I meant I would hunt down one of the older 92s that were made on Beretta equipment, if for some reason I felt the urge to buy a Taurus.

Perhaps that added comma after 92 led to the confusion.

AustinTX
September 21, 2011, 12:04 PM
Aha, understood. If I ever picked up a PT-92, I too would be much more interested in a nice one from the early 1990s or before than one made today.

Te Anau
September 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
I hadn't planned on getting back into this thread,but do want to say to anyone reading this down the road,that Buds gun shop has a great reputation and you should not hesitate for a moment because of some 'THINGS' said earlier in this thread that may make it seem like Buds is dishonest in that they remove negative comments.I have never heard of this or noticed it myself while doing research at Buds.It took me all of 2 minutes to find and post the 5 links that clearly show a range of comments.Three companies that have always treated me well are listed below.

www.aimsurplus.com
&
www.budsgunshop.com
&
www.cdnninvestments.com

Jason_G
September 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
I've always had a good experience with Bud's as well.

Jason

zachkuby87
September 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
Well I talked to my ffl about having the ria sent to him from buds because he's listed on there site as an ffl they ship to and he said he won't deal with buds anymore I didn't go into detail as to what happened but if he doesn't take deliveries from buds ill jus wait for the ria

Aguila Blanca
September 23, 2011, 08:40 PM
Bud's got themselves banned from the M1911.ORG forum several years ago.

FWIW.

Shane Tuttle
September 24, 2011, 05:57 AM
Let's get back to the subject at hand, folks...and it isn't primarily about Bud's reputation...

OsOk-308
September 24, 2011, 07:57 AM
I have and love my Remington R1. It is a little bit over the $500 limit, however if you can spend that little extra, either that or a Springfield Mil-spec will make you very happy. They are solid 1911's. If you insist on going below $500, you can get a pretty solid RIA pistol for around $450 after tax depending on where you live.

Grant D
September 24, 2011, 10:12 AM
Save a couple more $'s and get a COLT!
I just bought a used Colt M1991A1 Series 80 Stainless for $600.00 out the door.

zachkuby87
September 25, 2011, 06:11 AM
Yeah I set myself a 500 dollar budget and I'm sticking to it. But when I do buy a nice 1000 dollar or more 1911 it will be an s&w my family and friends have owned tons of s&w's of many variations and problems are rare including myself. So that's the route I'm going. I realy want to build my own first then see how it stacks up against the smith.

Aguila Blanca
September 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
I respectfully suggest that TODAY $500 is a little too low to give yourself a fair assortment from which to choose. A couple/few years ago, $500 would cover even the "upper" models from most of the Philippine manufacturers, such as the Rock Island Tactical. I've also bought used Colts for right around $500 -- again, a few years ago. I'm basically a Colt guy so I haven't kept rigorous track of prices on the imports, but my sense is that things like the RIA Tactical are now above $500, even at street price. So is the Springfield Mil-Spec.

At an upper limit of $500, you are restricting yourself to lower tier brands and in the GI configuration, the worst aspect of which being sights that are not especially user-friendly.

Save a few more bucks to increase your budget to $600 or $650 and you'll open up a lot more possibilities.

zachkuby87
September 25, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm getting the ria tactical duo tone for 480+tax so about 510 or so through my local ffl...

jimbob86
September 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
A couple/few years ago, $500 would cover even the "upper" models from most of the Philippine manufacturers, such as the Rock Island Tactical. I've also bought used Colts for right around $500 -- again, a few years ago.

Yeah, and a few years ago, $500 would buy enough gasoline to drive a F-150 across the country, coast to coast ...... and back again, and meals thrown in. Since the gubmints been promoting easy money (at first just lowering interest rates lower and lower and then when they could not lower them any more, just printing the stuff outa thin air!) $500 won't get you from NY to LA in that truck, even if you don't buy anything but gas.

$500 ain't what it used to be.

booker_t
September 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
I hear ya brother. A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

zachkuby87
September 26, 2011, 06:40 PM
Yea it really sucks I'm only 24 but even I've been around long enough to see how dumb the economy is now. When I was 16 and bought my first car an 85 iroc z I remember filling up for 15 bucks or so and I was never home cause I drove everywhere. Now that car sits in the driveway 90% of the time cause I can afford to go joyriding anymore especially not with that gas hog.

zachkuby87
October 2, 2011, 07:50 AM
Ok my ffl could not get the ria tactical anytime soon really so he refunded my money but he has a remington 1911 r1 for 579 brand new should I take it? Cheapest I'm finding is a little over 700 so I'm thinking this is a good deal but as stated earlier I'm a 1911 noob so I have no clue what its worth.should I spend the extra few bucks or no?