PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec P11 vs...???

TennJed
September 18, 2011, 03:05 PM
guys what are some comparable guns to Kel Tec's p11. 10 (or more) capacity 9mm of similar size (sub compact) priced in the $300 ballpark?

I have Kel Tec's PF9 and P3AT and love both of them. I am thinking of getting a .22lr conversion kit for the PF9 and it is runs smoothly keeping the PF9 more of a dedicated PF22.....anyway I would then want to replace my PF9 with another similar (but different) 9mm....

Right now I am thinking of the p11 but wanted to see if y'all had some more suggestions.

Thanks

scottycoyote
September 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
i have a p11 with an armalaser and the white trigger stop mod, and i absolutely love it. I rotate several guns for carry and the p11 gets the nod prob 75% of the time. Im not sure there is a comparable gun to it for the price.

wild cat mccane
September 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
since the p11 is not pocketable by 99% of the population a Taurus mil pro is similar and costs 30 more had has more features (mag, safety, also double strike too...)

TennJed
September 18, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks wild cat..yeah I am not looking to pocket carry but I do like small...do you know the deminsions of the mil. pro?

PT-92
September 18, 2011, 06:20 PM
For a compact high-capacity 9mm and price, I cannot think of a real competitor to the P-11. Incredible that you can pocket-carry the P-11, belt carry a few spare mags and you have 30+ rounds of 9mm that can be pulled out of your pants (in the Summer--otherwise I carry it in a regular holster).

-Cheers

wild cat mccane
September 18, 2011, 06:32 PM
google taurus mil pro vs p11 in pictures has come good comparisons. Hate to get in trouble by posting the links.

Also mil pro is drop safe which the P11 is not. They both carry the same amount in factory flush mags.

Yes, agreed it is small. But being able to and actually going through a day with a p11 in the pocket are 2 different beasts. They would not be pocketable in normal jeans or professional attire. And I am not a carpenter for a living so I'll pass on the cargos every day. :)

scottycoyote
September 18, 2011, 06:35 PM
i didnt even think about the mil pro, thats one of my other carry guns but its in 45. I think cdnn has the p11 for about 230 and the milpro for 300 so they are pretty close

MrWesson
September 18, 2011, 07:26 PM
PF9.. its just 3rds at what point do you feel comfortable defending yourself on the street?

TennJed
September 19, 2011, 12:11 AM
PF9.. its just 3rds at what point do you feel comfortable defending yourself on the street?

Thanks Mr. Wesson I will agree that the PF9 is a great gun. If you will notice in the OP I already have a PF9 and I am not looking for another...