PDA

View Full Version : New Ruger LC9

TLeo
September 17, 2011, 05:27 PM
I was at a Military Collectors show and while looking at some M1 carbines I noticed a case of a few modern pistols and saw a LC9. I had not actually seen or handled one in person before but had read good reviews about them. Well, I have been looking for a nice small pocket carry or IWB carry pistol and this seemd to fit well so I went ahead and bought it for $415, Was that a decent price for it and I notice the slide does not lock back on empty mag and I believe that is normal, correct?

CWKahrFan
September 17, 2011, 06:10 PM
Well, Buds has them for $349 cash price... 'Course transfer cost is added, usually @$25...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73923

Trooper Joe
September 17, 2011, 06:11 PM
I bought mine for $350 but did see them in Florida when they first came out, for $500.

They are designed to lock back on the last shot but when dry cycling them, they sometimes don't do it.

They are a great, trouble free, gun. My old department uses Sigs exclusively and I was waiting for a Sig 290 or maybe a Kimber Solo.

Was real disappointed with both of them, especially the Solo.

My LC9 shoots anything, the trigger has smoothed out (kind of like a nice, old double action revolver) and quite accurate for what it was designed for. I think the LC9 is really the only ultra compact 9mm that really works.

Trooper Joe

TLeo
September 17, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. It seems like I paid bit too much but not too bad a price. That's good to know about sometimes not locking back when dry cycling. It concerned me when I racked the slide with an empty mag just to check and it would not lock back. I'll get to the range as soon as I can and check it.

BrittB
September 17, 2011, 07:14 PM
Dry firing, mine won't do it either but when I shoot it, it will stay locked back in the open position. Good gun but for practice, I wish it had a larger magazine.

Vermonter
September 17, 2011, 07:15 PM
I paid 300 cash for mine but that was after a trade of a muzzleloader i wasnt using. I figure we paid about the same. My slide locked back on every empty mag while shooting yesterday but not with every manual racking of the slide. I figure it is designed to do so when shot.

I reccomend a desantis mini scabbard owb holster. I ordered one thursday and got it yesterday with ground shipping. I wore it today and am impressed.

Enjoy it.

TLeo
September 17, 2011, 08:09 PM
Finding the right holster is next up. I'll look into that desantis mini scabbard. I think I'm going to like this little pistol, especially if it shoots well. For a small gun it fits my large hand pretty well and it's light weight should make it easy to carry IWB or OWB or pocket.

TLeo
September 18, 2011, 01:21 PM
I didn't have a lot of time today but did squeeze in a quick trip to the range to try out my new LC9. Gotta say I loved it and this will be my ccw pistol. I shot at ranges of 5 to 15 yards, beginning at five for 25 rounds then back to 10yds for another 25 rds on a silhouette target. Nothing outside the 8 ring at those distances. I then moved back to 15 yds for 21 rounds at a shoot'n see target. I missed with one round high but knew as soon as the trigger broke that I had a bad grip/alignment but the other 20 rounds all kept in the target. Wish I had time for more shooting today but I was impressed with this little gun. The long trigger pull will take gtting used to but No problems at all with this pistol. I was shooting Winchester Ranger 147 gr SXT(my carry round) and Rem UMC 124 gr.
To anybody considering this pistol, I say go for it.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/triptrey/IMG_2541.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/triptrey/IMG_2539.jpg