PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92fs police special

9mm
September 17, 2011, 11:19 AM
So I have a chance to buy a Beretta 92fs, its a police special, with its box.

Are these models currently being made?

Could you buy these or only for cops?

price $425 its like new. Its a good deal I am really thinking about it.

Rogervzv
September 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
Is the Police Special the one with tritium night sights? If so, I suppose you will need to replenish the tritium if it is a used firearm.

What are the differences between the Police Special and a conventional 92FS?

9mm
September 17, 2011, 11:40 AM
What are the differences between the Police Special and a conventional 92FS?

Yes,

Naterstein
September 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
AFAIK,

The differences between a Police Special and a civilian version are few. Tritium night sights and 3 magazines and thats it. Oh and if you get one used you get free holster wear.

9mm
September 17, 2011, 01:45 PM
Thank you

03clyde
September 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
I bought one - except for the plastic holster wear it appeared unfired. Reliable, accurate shooter.

Marquezj16
September 17, 2011, 04:06 PM
Buy it. That's a heck of a good price if it's in like new condition.

dgludwig
September 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
The "Police Special" that I bought (new) for $429.99 came with three magazines. Of course, that was over a year ago but I was told that three mags came with all Police Specials-don't know if that is true.

Cowboy_mo
September 22, 2011, 08:04 PM
Pray tell where you guys are finding these great deals on this great gun?

9mm
September 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
I did buy it, good deal came with a holster as well.

Private sales, I only buy from people with CCW's, my local gun ranges have private sales posted on a board.

ClydeFrog
September 22, 2011, 11:37 PM
A real Beretta USA police model comes in a blue cardboard box with 3 hi cap magazines & Trijicon 3 dot night sights. I've owned 2 new in box 96D models that came like that. Ask the gun shop or FFL holder to show you the pistol package if they can.
I also think Beretta USA uses a different code for any LE contract or police special models.

MidwestRookie
September 23, 2011, 02:45 AM
I also think Beretta USA uses a different code for any LE contract or police special models.

that's a negative...at most it might have a different model number on the box.

the only special serial numbers are maybe for the mil contract M9s. those are also serialized on the barrel and hammer I think..

10mm4ever
September 23, 2011, 02:48 AM
The Police special is one of the best deals going.

ShipWreck
September 23, 2011, 06:24 AM
There is a police version special both WITh and WITHOUT night sights. So, you cannot automatically assume it has nightsights. But, usually they do. I have not actually seen many police special versions without tritium sights.

Ya get 3 mags, and it comes in a carboard box. When bought new, most cheapskate vendors pull the 3rd mag. That's what happened to me, but I still go a good deal, so I did not complain too much. Mine is my daily concealed carry.

years ago, they were marked on the frame with a "PS" - not so much anymore. However, my barrel itself is marked with "PM" near the locking block, however. Only different mark on my new model one from 2009

10mm4ever
September 23, 2011, 04:51 PM
Shipwreck, do you know what the "PM" stamp on the barrel leg indicates? Both of my PS's have the same stamp, unlike my other Berettas? Could this indicate magnetic particle testing or merely an inspectors stamp? Thanks

ShipWreck
September 23, 2011, 09:41 PM
I do not know what it means, but it is just an external marking. Otherwise, it is the exact same gun as a regular 92