PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Back DB380 question?

threegun
September 15, 2011, 09:03 AM
My last trip to the range was depressing. My DB has been running on schedule for function then I get two failure to fires. The culprit appears to be a light primer strike. Happened twice. It was new ammo (to the gun). I know it could be the ammo or the gun. Until I can figure out which, any of you DB owners having the same issue?

SteelChickenShooter
September 17, 2011, 04:32 PM
No failures to fire, but I began with the DB380 being favorable, then had a few failures to cycle correctly. I sold them both. The guy that bought them experienced the same stove pipes or jams. Shrugged them off and bought the guns anyway. Even after I told him to not buy them. I guess they must have some sort of following where the size and firepower causes some users to not focus so much on reliability.

Don Glock
September 17, 2011, 05:43 PM
there's tons of issues with DB's. google it.

seed
September 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
It so sucks, but Diamondback is pretty much a failure. I wanted so bad (and still do) for them to turn it around because the concept of the design seemed so good. Unfortunately, the execution has been a disaster. When it comes to really small guns, there is less forgiveness to tolerance imperfections and designs that might work (with a lot of room for error and imperfection) in bigger caliber and sized guns, won't work in smaller ones.

In the meantime, I would stick with the Ruger LCP and Kel Tec P3AT. Someday Diamondback might be good, but for now I will stay away.

dsk
September 17, 2011, 11:27 PM
The issues with the DB also caused me to shy away form them, but honestly is there even a totally reliable hideout .380 out there? I'm talking service pistol reliability, not "well, I just got through 100 rounds okay" reliability. I can't help but think that we've passed the point of diminishing returns when we try to squeeze a half-dozen .380 cartridges into guns so small that they used to only be available in .22 or .25 auto.

michael t
September 17, 2011, 11:39 PM
My KelTec 380 has fired over a 1000 rounds of mixed ammo with out a failure.

Their are many KelTec's and Ruger copy's that are carried and fired every day with out problems. My better 1/2 and daughters have P-32's They also are running fine.

I started carrying a PF-9 couple months ago . So far has fed every thing I have tried . Had one miss fire with the new Ruski junk wal mart has . It was a solid primer hit. It fired on 2nd try. That was the crap ammo not the gun. I won't waste my money on any more of it.