PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Taurus 24/7 OSS Tactical

steeps09
September 12, 2011, 03:25 AM
Im looking into maybe purchasing a Taurus 24/7 OSS. Im looking for all your thoughts on this gun. I dont care if you bash it or put it on the high pedastle. Interested in hearing all the pros/cons to help me make my purchase. Thank you

x3m
September 12, 2011, 05:06 AM
I am also looking at the 24/7 line , but I would prefer the compact version
currently have pt111 9mm hasn't given me any reason not to look at another taurus. only sorry i didn't go for a .40 right from the start.

reaganmarine84
December 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
Okay. So I'll put it on a pedestal!!! I currently own 3 OSS DS Tacticals. I have one of each color (basically). I own (1) 9mm in stainless steel; 1 in black tenifer; and (1) .40 S&W desert tan. I fell in love with my first and had to have some more. They are all dead on accurate and 100% reliable. They feel great in my hands;I particularly like the aggressive palm swell of the backstrap. It really helps to 'naturally' move the web of your hand high up on the backstrap for better control. The 5.25 in. match grade barrell really performs for accuracy and keeping the muzzle velocity high. And I like the longer sight radius of a longer barrell. I would buy more but #1 they are discontinued and therefore hard to find;and when I do,the price has been jacked up on them because they are hard to find. #2 I don't want any 2 to be the same color scheme. I want to be able to look in my safe and tell exactly what I'm looking at by sight. In other words, I don't want a 9mm OSS in desert tan and a .40 S&W OSS in desert tan also. I can imagine a scenario where I'm in a flustered hurry and pick up the 9mm and try to slam a .40 cal. magazine in it, all because they LOOK exactly the same sitting there in my safe. I would have to stop and take the time to look on the slide and identify which one it is and then find the correct magazine for it. NO THANKS.

k4swb
December 7, 2011, 12:53 PM
I have one of the OSS DS .45 ACPs without the tactical on the slide.
I love mine.

I hope Taurus can fix it soon and send it back.

whippoorwill
December 7, 2011, 03:26 PM
Had an 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP. Felt good, shot well. Mag release was a bit stiff, and the mags didn't always fall completely free from grip. I believe that it would have loosened up with use and been fine. Sold it only because I have decided that I really prefer the 1911 trigger. Would buy again if it weren't for that.