PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what .22LR magazine loaders are compatible with the GSG 1911 magazines?

Kimio
September 12, 2011, 02:55 AM
Looking around I don't see any specifics, I was thinking of getting one of these since from my experience, .22LR magazines are a bit of a pain to load.

Any GSG 1911 owners know if these loaders is compatible?

http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-Universal-Pistol-Loader/dp/B003ITKHM6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1315039921&sr=8-6

If none are compatible I'll just make due, my Ruger MkII always made my thumbs hurt a little after a couple dozen or so magazine reloads.

DukeNukem
September 12, 2011, 03:31 AM
Sounds like you may not have tried loading the GSG 1911-22 magazine. It is very easy to load. There are little nubs on each side of the magazine that let you pull down the follower, so you're not having to try to jam rounds into it. I can load a whole bulk pack with no ill effects. I sure can't say that about my Marlin 795 magazines.

Don't know if that Butler Creek loader is compatible or not. (I have a bigger sized one of those that I use for my 9mm and 45ACP and it works well for those)

Edit: Did some poking around on the web and ran across this ad, so it looks like that Butler Creek loader is NOT compatible with the GSG 1911.
http://speedloaderstore.com/contents/en-us/p304.html

Kimio
September 12, 2011, 05:43 AM
Thank you for the response Duke, I'll have to try it out and see for myself I suppose.

I've got a question about the GSG magazines if you could bear with me please. Is it the norm for the GSG magazines to be around $30+? They also seem to be a little scarce, the best price seems to be from AIM surplus. The only reason I can think of for the price being so high is that they might be imported or something. A 30 round Magpul P-mag usually only costs me around 20 bucks and that's for an AR!

DukeNukem
September 12, 2011, 06:53 AM
I've had my GSG1911 since June 2010, and I've seen the magazines selling for a few dollars cheaper from time to time, but they've always been pricey. They're really sturdy for a .22 magazine, but I still don't see why they cost so much. It's possible they might be a bit scarcer now than previously because the new SIG 1911-22 is the same pistol as the GSG1911, so that might possibly be taking up some of the production capacity for the magazines. You may be right about them being imported having something to do with it, too. I also have a SIG Mosquito and those magazines aren't cheap either.

HBoswell
September 12, 2011, 10:17 PM
Kimio, I can't help you with the GSG problem, but, as to the Ruger MkII I would recommend you find one of these. I have two MkI's and for $4 it has saved at least 5 layers of skin off my thumbs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=527921

You might search their site for something that might work for the GSG.

docnyt
September 13, 2011, 03:21 AM
I agree with DukeNukem. Very easy to load. I'm stuck with my 2 mags since I have too many toys to desire spending $30+ for one lowly .22 mag. The GSG 1911 is a great little plinker though.

Kimio
September 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I nearly choked when I saw the price. I'll probably pick up one or two magazines down the line, but any more than that is just too much, especially for a range plinker.