PDA

View Full Version : Simply WOW!!

garryc
September 11, 2011, 12:43 PM
I just bought an XD 40 sub compact. I shot it today with some 165gr Blasers and my 180 grain reloads ( 6.4 grains AA#5)

I am solidly impressed!! The recoil is smart, but recovery is fast and right on target. It ran like a champ. For all the guns I've shot first time out this ranks near the top. I simply couldn't miss.

I also fired an XD 40 in a 5 inch, very impressed. I had fired my buddies 9mm XD and was not impressed. Simply too much bulk for the round.

I guess my wife can have my SIG P250 sub compact 9mm, I'll just steel it now and then.

So now my CCW battery is a Polish P-64 when its hot, this XD in the fall and spring and my 3" GP stainless .357 in the cold.

Is it gaudy to carry a stainless revolver after labor day?

phatspeed7x
September 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
Congrats on the new xd. Great guns!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mercenary
September 11, 2011, 02:39 PM
The 40 subcompact is sweet. My neighbor has one and I took it to the range and like you said, WOW!!! At 7 yards, I cut out the bullseye the first time I shot it! I rented a 9mm 3" while there and FOR ME, it wasn't as accurate. My neighbor also has the 4" 9mm. Like the sc 9mm, I wasn't as impressed as I was with the sc 40.

overkill0084
September 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
They are pretty nice little guns. Mine was a great surprise as well. Nothing that small should shoot that well.

Jack Bauer
September 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
Glad you like that XD compact. I had one that was a tack driver but the trigger hurt my finger like you wouldn't believe. I didn't feel like building up a callous on the finger, so I traded it away. If i could have gotten past the trigger bite, I might have kept it.

tahunua001
September 12, 2011, 08:37 AM
but if you listen to guys who've never shot or owned one you'll find that the fit and finish is garbage, they cant shoot hollow points, they rattle apart if you're fool enough to reload your own ammo, they wear out after 5000 rounds, they melt if you leave them in your glove box on a hot day, the shatter if you shoot them when it's snowing out, they cant hit the broad side of a barn and worst of all, they aren't made in Austria :D

the XD9 gets pretty poor reviews...i dont know why, I will agree that full sized XDs are pretty blocky. I love the XDMs myself. they rounded off the top of the slides a bit and they fixed the grips so you dont feel like you're holding a club. I dont know about all the match grade barrel mumbo jumbo but that extra half an inch between sights gives it a surprising amount of accuracy. oh yeah and all "modern" XDs are just as reliable and durable as any polymer gun out there :D
congrats on the XD40, it'll serve you well