PDA

View Full Version : Walther issue an Customer Service question

PigFarmer
September 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
So I was at the range and the saftey on my Walther PK380 had a malfunction. The metal split in half and I now have two pieces of the amid. saftey switch. I'm a little frustraed with it as the gun has had less than a thousand rounds but my buddy who is a metal smith with a degree in metals said it looked like a bad cast/bad metal (his exact words can't be repeated but that is the just of it)

Now my two questions:

1. Has anyone else had this issue on a Walther?
2. How is their customer service to deal with?

I will try to get pics but no promises.

Technosavant
September 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
Bad parts happen. I wouldn't worry too much, it will get fixed.

Walther products are handled in the US by Smith & Wesson, whose customer service are the best in the business.

Call the customer service line and explain what happened; I expect you'll get a UPS tag to send it back to the factory for repair.

Coach Z
September 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
their customer service is second to none. Call them up and I'm sure they'll pay shipping both ways and have you sorted out asap.

Shadi Khalil
September 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
Agreed. I just had to use their CS and have used them in the past. They are quick and responsive.

PigFarmer
September 12, 2011, 10:45 AM
Just got off the phone with the CS rep. 6 minutes on hold 3 minutes talking, their label is in the mail.

AustinTX
September 12, 2011, 11:05 AM
1. Has anyone else had this issue on a Walther?

The problem with the PK380 is that, like the P22, it's not actually a Walther. It's manufactured by Umarex for Walther, and it's made with cheap, low-quality materials. The slides and some internals are zinc alloy, for instance.

2. How is their customer service to deal with?

As you're discovering, S&W's CS is as good as they come.

zombieslayer
September 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
Austin is correct. The pk and p22 are not truly Walthers. A friend was very impressed with my PPS and went found a "deal" on a pk. He quickly learned the difference between a real made-in-Deutchland Walther and a "smith" really quickly.