PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian PA-63

tubbyfirefighter
September 11, 2011, 09:56 AM
Just purchased a hungarian pa-63 9mm makarov. Very nice gun, shoots well but Ive noticed that after firing, the casings are scratched very badly all around. They almost look engraved. What do you guys think could be causing the scratching, the cheap wolf rounds or the gun itself?

schnarrgj
September 11, 2011, 10:59 PM
If the scratches on the cases look identical or pretty close, it is your chamber in all probability. If so you might try to clean it with one of the scotch bright type scrub pads with a good solvent. Other than that, the chamber can be polished with a very, very fine sand paper such as croucus cloth or JBs bore paste cleaner. You do not want to be too aggressive in that you may change the chamber too much.

Get a good light and look in the chamber and try to see if you can see the blemish to confirm it does have a rough spot.

kozak6
September 12, 2011, 02:31 AM
Sometimes the magazine can cause nasty scratches, but usually just from the magazine lips.

I'd say that if it isn't causing failures to extract or other problems, don't try to polish the chamber. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

tubbyfirefighter
September 12, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the input guys, Ive tracked it down to the mag lips. When I load it and unload it without putting it in the gun, the scratches appear. So do I need to polish the mag lips or file them?:confused:

Doyle
September 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
I would polish them with a VERY fine stone.

Colonel Custer
December 22, 2011, 06:33 AM
I'm going to order 2 smc 918 mags after the first of the year so get in touch if your interested in getting another mag.