PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR40 first fire

checkmyswag
September 10, 2011, 10:20 PM
Shot the Ruger SR40 today.

50 rounds.

Basically shot the X out of the B-27 target and put one big hole in the 9 ring connected to the X. There were about 4 fliers :/ This was at 9/21/45 feet.

I thought the gun was super accurate. I was mostly just point shooting, not using the sites much.

I haven't shot a pistol in about 10 years. So I was very pleased.

Zero malfunctions and the 40 recoil wasn't bad at all. Never shot a 40 before and was pleasantly surprised.

Was such a good experience...considering getting a SR40C...but I will wait a bit to consider that.

I am just super impressed w the 40 ballistics. That being said...I do see where a 9mm may get back on target more quickly and a 1911 45 may provide a better trigger pull being SA...

So been looking for a 9mm and 45, but now considering getting another 40 as well. Thanks!

Oh, also, need a holster for this thing. Does the HK1 from Fobus work?

That is all.

sheepman
September 11, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the report. I also like the 40 but don't see it as that big of edge over the 9mm. The recoil difference is over stated in my opinion. The 40 also seems to shoot just a little more accurate than 9mms (this has been my experience). I would not feel handicapped with either.

ESI Agent
September 11, 2011, 01:14 PM
Having the SR40 it is a very low recoil 40 unlike my Glock 22.