PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 9 or 45

checkmyswag
September 8, 2011, 08:33 PM
Like the idea of the LC9, but it is just gross in my head. Feels like a deck of cards with a stapler attached to it. Best description ever.

Like the S&W M&P for a 45 very much so but also considering Ruger 1911.

Trying to figure out a 9mm.

Thinking Ruger SR9C?

For those of you who have had this conversation before, you may sit on the sidelines, I welcome fresh comments.

speedfreeq
September 8, 2011, 09:24 PM
Had the chance to shoot my neighbor's LC9 the other day, and I really liked the action. I thought it was a nice- looking piece?
I've recently shot the XDM, and it felt well- built, but the grip felt too chunky to me.
Glock 23 was not for me... altogether too "loose" feeling.
Love my PX4F. Sexy gun, grips like a part of me, SA pull is heavenly, and the Beretta feels purposeful in operation. Still like it best.

Fwiw-

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ScotchMan
September 8, 2011, 09:48 PM
I'm in the same boat right now concerning compact 9mm. My list currently looks like this:

Walther P99c
Ruger SR9c
Glock 26

If you're looking at the LC9 (smaller than these), consider the Walther PPS as well.

lee n. field
September 8, 2011, 09:56 PM
looking for a 9 or 45
Like the idea of the LC9, but it is just gross in my head. Feels like a deck of cards with a stapler attached to it. Best description ever.

Like the S&W M&P for a 45 very much so but also considering Ruger 1911.

Trying to figure out a 9mm.

Thinking Ruger SR9C?

For those of you who have had this conversation before, you may sit on the sidelines, I welcome fresh comments.

Ummm. What's it for? What is this gun being bought for?
What's your budget?
Buy a Glock. And be done with it.

Get R Done Guns
September 8, 2011, 10:21 PM
The SR9C is hard to go wrong with. Gives you a "carry gun" and a "range gun" all in the same package. If you like 45's then a nice 1911 would be a great choice. To heavy? Maybe an M&P 45 or a FNP 45 if size is not the issue. Please let us know what your main intent is on this gun and we might be of more help to you. Budget is important because go over 800.00 a ton of great guns come into play for you.

JMTC

Joe the Redneck
September 8, 2011, 10:37 PM
I have shot the Glock 17, 27 ( I own them) Very nice.

I shot a friends XD in 40, I liked it muchly. Nicer trigger then my Glocks

Ruger's are nice, never shot one though.

I have reservations about Taurus. Their revolvers seem to be having problems. Just somehng to consider.

Best wishes

bossman
September 9, 2011, 08:32 AM
Everyone should own at lease one 1911. So I would go with the Ruger. If you already have a 1911 I'd go with the Ruger. :)

18DAI
September 9, 2011, 09:16 AM
You find the LC9 ugly but not the M&P?? :confused:

Anyways, yes try the SR9c. Very nice trigger - head and shoulders over the M&P's trigger. Reliable and accurate when I shot it. Not too costly either. Regards 18DAI.

Nowiser
September 9, 2011, 10:56 AM
I was having this same dilemma for a while, i loved the feel of the SR9c in the hand, while the Beretta PX4 seemed to fit oddly. Happens that I won a PX4 from my LGS, and I love it, Ive put close to 500 rounds through it in the last 2 weeks and it is fun to shoot. So I vote for the Px4!

RC20
September 9, 2011, 11:06 AM
Not recommending but worth considerate is the Sig P290.

While I am fond of Sigs, does not mean they are all good or fight for you, but worth using it as a foil to compare with others