PDA

View Full Version : At a crossroads

chris in va
September 8, 2011, 06:23 PM
Not having much luck with my 21SF in competition. I do a lot better with my CZ 75BD. Looking at the 97B, mulling over whether it's worth sacrificing lighter weight, capacity and simplicity for a gun I can actually hit something with.

I've only shot a 97 once, years ago and only one mag through it. I just remember how it felt so natural and hit exactly where I aimed. Didn't hurt that it had a trigger job, but anyway.

Thoughts?

Mrgunsngear
September 8, 2011, 06:56 PM
My thoughts are that whether for competition or self defense, shot placement and follow up shot speed are the most important factors in shooting. I LOVE my G21 SF and hate to say it, but if you shoot the CZ better and it's equally reliable, go with it.

10mm4ever
September 9, 2011, 07:36 AM
In my hands, CZ's are far more "shootable" than Blocks. Better sights, trigger, ergos, etc. The 97 is typical of CZ's in terms of engineering and quality.

sgms
September 9, 2011, 08:01 PM
Use what works for you, that's it. A $3000.00 custom gun that you can't shoot is not worth owning. Use what will work and keep practicing, as you get better then something different may work. Then think about changing.