PDA

View Full Version : PAST

Will Beararms
September 8, 2011, 03:35 PM
Since we have had the Single Action thread----or "Sangle" as they say here in Texas, why not have a PAST thread----Point And Shoot Technology.

Who else here ascribes to this pistol packing mantra----no levers, no bells, no buttons -----just pull the trigger and shoot---PAST? As I get ready to start the fifth decade of life, I find I do not want to be forced to sweep anything up or down before ignition. I want to pull the trigger and that is it. I do not care about sub 2" groups at 25 yards just decent accuracy at that distance and maybe a little tighter from 10 yards in.

CWKahrFan
September 8, 2011, 03:52 PM
"Who else here ascribes to this pistol packing mantra----no levers, no bells, no buttons... ?"

My hand is raised...

threegun
September 8, 2011, 04:11 PM
While my PAST selection can certainly keep me safe out to rifle distances, I definitely prepare to pull point and pop with her. We share Koolaid all the time LOL. Her name is MRS G LOCK. Shes ugly but good.

loose_holster_dan
September 8, 2011, 04:30 PM
point and shoot accuracy is the most important characteristic of a good ccw piece in my opinion. that's why i carry a p7.

Will Beararms
September 8, 2011, 05:26 PM
Oyez Oyez Oyez:

I now declare the inaugural session of P.A.S.T. to order. Do I have a motion and second?

It took me decades to get past the self-imposed manual safety mandate. It just makes all the sense in the world provided there is rigid Kydex or leather involved.

I am still not an IWB guy. These things take time but I feel I have gone a long way.

Joe the Redneck
September 8, 2011, 05:58 PM
I am not a "Kool Aide" drinker on the subject, but that was what I liked about the Glocks when they first came out. Squeeze trigger- goes boom, no squeeze trigger- no boom. Just like a D.A. revolver

As long as I can hit a pie plate at ten feet, I don't ask anymore of a self defense weapon.