PDA

View Full Version : Mistake or Great

Datguy781
September 7, 2011, 02:30 AM
So I placed a PPS43 on layaway this morning and tonight I find my self questioning my decision. The gun seems pretty cool and I like the caliber;the problem is the caliber ironically. I didn't want to add another caliber to my collection and when I wanted a tokarev 7.62x25 was available in bulk. Now I can't find any in bulk. Should I keep this interesting pistol or ask the shop owner to just upgrade it to a normal pistol? In either case I have all of my normal firearm roles filled without it.

American Eagle
September 7, 2011, 02:54 AM
Not the cheapest round to shoot. Most websites, like the one in the link below, have boxes of 50 rounds for about $19 to $23. If you do keep it, it might not be something you shoot every month at the range.

Keep in mind that this round is no longer widely used and is slowly declining into obsolescence. In another 10 years or so it might be impossible to buy this round for less than $1 per bullet, if it's even available that often for sale.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but it's something to think about if you plan to own this firearm.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=3&categoryId=9271&categoryString=653***691***

Hardcase
September 7, 2011, 10:46 AM
J&G has Polish milsurp for $215/1260 rounds. They also sell it in 70 round boxes for something like $12.00

Nothing wrong with loading your own, of course, and that may be what we all end up doing in the not too distant future.