Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.teamglock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

rose728751
September 6, 2011, 08:16 PM
:eek:GREAT!!!! :D

dsk
September 6, 2011, 08:18 PM
Just curious, what are the markings on the current recoil spring assemblies for a Glock 19?

Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:20 PM
lol! luckily i already got the "updated" spring for my gen4 23 from them. even though i never had probs with the original. never read about any either :confused: lol

kkipp9
September 6, 2011, 08:24 PM
Why are they doing this? I have one of these guns and now I am a bit worried about firing it.

Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:25 PM
no worries!! the only gen4's that ever had issues were the 19/17's. and the only probs were jams. obviously jams aren't cool, but it's not going to blow up or anything lol

call them to get the free updated spring so it's reliable for you :)

Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:26 PM
Just curious, what are the markings on the current recoil spring assemblies for a Glock 19?

0-4-3 :)

Shadi Khalil
September 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
That took long enough.

Uncle Malice
September 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
luckily i already got the "updated" spring for my gen4 23 from them. even though i never had probs with the original. never read about any either

I have the updated spring on order as well, but I've never had any issues with my g4 23 either... I just figured I might as well get it if it's free.

Why are they doing this? I have one of these guns and now I am a bit worried about firing it.

No safety issues. Go shoot the gun. Some of the gen 4 9mm guns had trouble cycling properly with light/weak ammo... like federal champion/remington umc/ etc... the cheap 115gr loads... since the gen 4 spring is stiffer.

Some people had issues... some didn't. No biggie. Call Glock and order the spring, but don't worry about shooting the gun in the mean time. :)

Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:31 PM
this is the updated 0-3-3 spring for my gen4 23. the only difference is the metal end cap:

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/champop1911/IMAG0872.jpg

i never had any issues with the original, and keep it as a spare.

ClydeFrog
September 6, 2011, 08:35 PM
This new Glock recall isn't a big surprise.
It's another good reason why I wouldn't lay over $500-600.00 USD for a NIB Glock Gen04 RTF-02.

ClydeFrog

Don Glock
September 6, 2011, 08:37 PM
It's another good reason why I wouldn't lay over $500-600.00 USD for a NIB Glock Gen04 RTF-02.

i'm glad you didn't lay down cash for that either......because it doesn't exist :eek:

Kimbertron
September 6, 2011, 08:46 PM
Just got out my G17 didnt know they were having issues. Mine is a 0-1-2 looks like the one in picture Don Glock posted. Is this one of the springs that were having issues? i have about 3500 rounds through it no problems yet.

Uncle Malice
September 6, 2011, 08:59 PM
Mine is a 0-1-2 looks like the one in picture Don Glock posted. Is this one of the springs that were having issues?

Yep. Just give them a call and get your new one.

Kimbertron
September 6, 2011, 09:37 PM
Yep. Just give them a call and get your new one.

I guess ill shoot them an e-mail when im motivated enough, haven't had any issues with it yet lol.

John Eastwood
September 6, 2011, 09:41 PM
Maybe this will calm GlockTalk down for a while; maybe not, if the Gen4 9mm's still sling brass to your face and stovepipe.

Kimbertron
September 6, 2011, 09:46 PM
Maybe this will calm GlockTalk down for a while; maybe not, if the Gen4 9mm's still sling brass to your face and stovepipe.

I have never had a stovepipe on my G17 but now that you mention it every once in a while brass will land right on the top of my head. This is the only semi auto handgun i shoot so i didn't really think anything of it. Wouldn't that be more an issue with the extractor then the recoil sprung?

Don Glock
September 7, 2011, 11:53 AM
I know it says 30 days, but it took them 2 months to send mine....after two phone calls lol

Fishbed77
September 7, 2011, 01:03 PM
Waita second. Glock = "Perfection." So how is a recall possible?

I'm confused. :D

Hang on - I gotta grab a mop, because there's gonna be a lot of spilled Kool-Aid.

RsqVet
September 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
Fish --- It's like animal farm... all animals are created equal, just some are more equal than others, same deal, all glocks are perfect, some just less so than others... this "exchange" makes the less perfect more perfect.....

Seriously though, I have nothing against glock though you would THINK that a maker that makes pretty much one design, and changes it very rarely WOULD get it right from the get go... oh well.