View Full Version : Garand...stupid question

chris in va
April 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
What is the other sling swivel toward the front of the barrel for?

April 24, 2011, 08:26 PM

I dont know either...

April 24, 2011, 08:35 PM
Isn't it called a stacking swivel? If that is the case... pulled this off of dictionary.com

a metal swivel attached to the stock of a military rifle for use in hooking three rifles together to form a stack.

T. O'Heir
April 24, 2011, 08:37 PM
It's a stacking swivel. This silly actor will show you how they were used.

April 24, 2011, 11:23 PM
They unstack easily.Hole digging ,etc is sometimes best done with two hands.Stacked weapons are not laying in mud,sand,etc or leaning semi-secure against a tree.