PDA

View Full Version : German 22LR Training Rifle W625A

browndog
December 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
I'm buying a fairly old German 22 LR bolt action training rifle, marked "fluss stahl krupp essen W625A". The guy I'm picking it up from said he thinks it was made in the 1930s.

I believe the rifle is sound, but I know ammo changes over time. Does anyone know, can I shoot modern "hypervelocity" rounds (such as the CCI Velocitor) in this weapon?

mete
December 24, 2010, 01:30 AM
The question is what is the pressure of the hypervelocity types . There were many 22lr rifles made in germany in the 30s.Different designs too.I have two different ones and both are very accurate and well made and I still use them.They certainly will take the standard and HV 22lr loads. Are the hypervelocity rounds just faster and lighter or higher pressure.

Jimro
December 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't worry about HV ammunition. But don't get too caught up in velocity, accuracy is often best with standard velocity 22lr ammunition.

Jimro

45lcshooter
December 24, 2010, 05:20 AM
I would shoot just standard 22 lr out of them. if you go to hot then you could ruin things. The military 22's are always fun to shoot.

4V50 Gary
December 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
I know fluss stahl is fluid steel.

browndog
December 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys, I greatly appreciate them. As you can tell by my number of posts, I'm mostly a lurker. I don't have a lot of knowledge to pass on, but I learn something from this site all the time. I'm looking forward to hitting the range with this in the near future. I almost purchased a new 22 a few weeks ago. Now I'm glad I didn't; I love old rifles and this one just sort of found me.