PDA

View Full Version : Rossi matched pair rifle/shotgun, any good?

bradypatullo87
December 22, 2010, 06:51 PM
Just curious if Rossi's matched pairs are worth it. I'm interested in the 223 remington and 12 gauge combo for $250. If anyone here has any firsthand experience regarding the function and quality of any Rossi single shots i'd be interested in your input.

I'm not going to purchase one for a while, just doing my research early. Considering they're single shot long arms for only $250 I'm not expecting them to be amazing. as long as it is a decent backpack/hiking combo for the money is all i really care about.

Vermonter
December 22, 2010, 07:20 PM
I just bought the Matched Set 20ga/243/22lr for my girlfriend as her first hunting weapon. It is a christmas gift so it has not been shot as of yet. I was pleasntly supprised in regard to precieved quality.

I have not fired it but I took it down completely and cleaned everything before storing it wrapped as a gift. I cannot imagine it being of poor quality as virtually everythign is made of metal of some sort. The case is handy as it all is totable in something small enough to fit in a backpack and that is with three barrles.

The 243 barrel comes setup with a socpe base and every barrel comes with fixed sights. They are fiberoptic and quite nice. All in all as long as it shoots well enough for her to hunt with I am a happy costumer and it has made me look closer at more of their products.

I will post a christmas morning range report!

Vermonter

seansean1444
December 22, 2010, 07:28 PM
they are good guns kick pretty good

jimbob86
December 22, 2010, 07:30 PM
I have not shot one, but have read several reviews that said the trigger, like most interchangable barrel guns, was ...... not good.

Vermonter
December 22, 2010, 07:34 PM
Actually the trigger was another item that supprised me it seemed to be about 3lbs and was not cheap feeling
Vermonter

bradypatullo87
December 22, 2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. A buddy of mine has a Harrington and Pardner single shot twelve gauge and it is such a fun shotgun that I started looking for one myself. I found Rossi's combo single shots and figured they would make great hiking and camping pieces.

Anyway, I wish you all a merry Christmas and I'll be looking forward to your range report Vermonter. I hope your girlfriend likes her new 22/.243/20 gauge