PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4 Recce Lo-Pro v LMT MRP CQB

seadeclan
December 22, 2010, 02:31 PM
Will be first non lever rifle and not familiar with mfgrs in this market but in reading forums etc these two seems to come to the top as far as build quality/reliability etc. Noveske is about $300 more dollars bit in calling both to ask general questions Noveske customer service was much better than LMT. LMT very evasive on warranty - said limited 1 year and depends on issues. Noveske said except for normal wear/tear/use - lifetime. Use will be target (up 200 yards or more), home defence, etc. Will some high quality ammo but will primarily use Fiocchi 223 which get very good reviews on various sites (cabelas for example)

Interested in input on these two choices and any comments to help decide. I know building cheaper but don't have the time so looking for quality rifle out of the box that will have little or no issues to deal with other than paying for it and ammo. Thnx

Duxman
December 22, 2010, 02:46 PM
If you are looking for a 16 inch gun to use in CQB (I assume under 300 yards) - for serious use:

KAC SR-15

Then a close 2nd:

LMT
Colt 6920

I am saving up for the KAC, but my LMT has never let me down. Its an awesome rifle.

The KAC, 6920 and the LMT are the few AR rifles out there that go through Mil-spec type QA (although others may claim it - not always true) - you can depend on these guns out of the box.

In fact my friends who just finished deployment swear by the top three and would bet their lives on it. (I am a civilian so I have to trust my military friends opinion(s).) :)

DAdams
December 22, 2010, 10:52 PM
I just spent 6 months researching ARs off and on and checking prices, reading reviews, Forums, styles, types, you name it.

My criteria, light, accurate, durable, best quality for the money.

The final analysis for me was Bravo Company USA.

I did the 14.5 inch mid-length EAG (hammer forged barrel) upper and BCM lower. I was impressed with the abuse these rifles take and continue to deliver at the EAG School.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-A4-AR15-Bravo-Company-carbine-EAG-Pat-Rogers-s/151.htm

Similar to this in all black. Same specifications. Different stock.

Here is a link to the upper.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-EAG-14-5-BFH-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-LaRue-p/bcm-uh-eag1.htm

Lower is coming in this week.

madcratebuilder
December 23, 2010, 05:53 AM
Between those two models I would take the Noveske in a heart beat.

10mmAuto
December 23, 2010, 05:57 AM
Duxman, disagree on the Colt, I have way more malfunctions with issued Colts than other ARs.

Bartholomew Roberts
December 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
Both of the rifles you are looking at are top quality. The MRP will have the nifty modular barrel system. The Noveske will have the polygonal rifled barrel that is probably better accuracy wise.

Either one is more than capable of exceeding your stated needs by a good margin.