PDA

View Full Version : Strange idea...

Glockgrabber
December 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
So i was thinking( a rare and often dangerous occurance), i always want to modify or change my guns. I recently came into possession of a Norinco NHM-91 NIB for a very low price. The only drawback is i would like the barrel a tad shorter, a flashider, and a different stock. If you have ever seen the DSA sa-58 para carbine, with the side folding stock and eighteen inch barrel, of doing essentially the same thing to the norinco. I am not going to get rid of the gun, so im not worried about hurting the value. The question is, has anyone ever done this type of thing, and if so, did you like it. All feedback is appreciated.

BusGunner007
December 22, 2010, 12:40 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHR-jw-rbOe3wUHu_HiNjHmnc3EOFYWNbbR_V3Lq6sxpysTDzA

Volucris
December 22, 2010, 01:04 AM
How about selling that pristine and rare firearm to someone who won't ****ing ruin it?

Then go out and buy a piece of **** WASR and make it look cool to your heart's content. At least you won't be ruining something that isn't even made anymore.

Mustangpalmer91
December 22, 2010, 01:18 AM
I 2nd that sell the Norinco and use that to fund a WASR project. You would almost make enough selling to to fund the whole gig + extra I bet. WASR 300-400 bucks and 1000s of them all over the place, Norinco AK NIB 850-1000 and RARE. I dont think you would have any problem selling a NIB Norinco for 900.

Jimro
December 22, 2010, 01:26 AM
Dude, it's your property. Do with it what you want.

However, if you could sell your Norinco and get two WASR's, that seems like a good thing.

I've played around with Norinco AK and the main selling points are the thicker receiver wall and heavier barrel. The receiver wall thickness really doesn't matter on an AK (all it does is hold pins in place, the trunion handles all real stresses) and the heavier barrel is kinda wasted on a 7.62x39...

So if you can find a "collector" who will pay you 900 bucks, by all means sell it and get two WASR's to modify into exactly what you want. Or buy one WASR and spend the rest on the parts and modifications for that one.

But don't let anyone rain on your parade, a gun is just another piece of property. Nothing to special about any of them.

Jimro

Glockgrabber
December 23, 2010, 01:08 PM
Just wondering, why would i want to use an inferior weapon as a project gun instead of higher quality weapon which will help insure a better result in the end? And as for selling it to collectors, in probably a 100 mile radius, i can only think of at most 10 who might want to buy the gun. The reason i got it so cheap, is that there is very little market for ak style weapons around here. Again, i was only wondering if anyone had or heard of this being done.

Duxman
December 23, 2010, 01:17 PM
Or you could sell the Norinco - buy a single AMD-65 from Aim surplus and call it a day.

Put the rest of money towards ammo, magazines, and blow off some steam. :)

Jimro
December 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
glockgrabber, "inferior" when comparing AK's is misleading. The Norinco is heavier, and possibly a tad more accurate, but that is about it. If you shorten that barrel you may screw up that accuracy advantage, and need to open up the gas port for reliability.

A "rare" AK doesn't make it a "superior" AK, although the Norinco's are generally considered a good bunch.

Of course you could get a Saiga and do the conversion on that, and they are top notch.

Jimro