PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to shoot it!

jreXD9
December 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
I brought home my new-to-me Ruger M77 7mm mag a few days ago and took it to the range today. It's only 25 yrds but, heck, I didn't care. I just wanted to shoot the thing. My brother had warned me about the recoil beforehand, but it wasn't anything like he had led me to believe. Does it kick? Yep. Brutal? NO. One of the older dudes there fingered the trigger and raised his eyebrows and said, "Hmm, that's about a 2lb trigger. Nice." All I know is that it takes little more than a flick and it goes BOOM. The first 3 shots were within about 4 inches of each other and by the end of one 20 rd box I had 'em within about 1.5 in. Can't wait to get it outside and see how accurately long I can go with it.
The folks in the lane next to me left until I was through. The guy later said he flinched every time I shot it, it was so loud. I guess the muzzle brake was throwing some of that sound to the sides and right at 'em.

Vermonter
December 20, 2010, 09:23 PM
I have basically the same gun the Hawkeye version in a 270 left handed. I had it within 1 inch moa after about a box or two and that was 100 yards. It is consistantly that good and I can shoot it well sitting off hand. I just commented on another post that it is the best gun I own.

Good luck with yours.

P.S. Whatcha shooting out of it.

Vermonter