View Full Version : i need help

December 12, 2010, 09:43 PM
i inherited a gun and dont know what kind it is. it has markings on the barrel that say "cal 792 p r " please help

December 13, 2010, 06:14 AM
We're going to need more information, and probably pictures, in order to give you the correct answer.

Mike Irwin
December 13, 2010, 09:18 AM
Well, 7.92 is generally the marking for 8mm Mauser, aka 7.92x57.

The most common rifles chambered for that cartridge are the various Mauser-designed/made military rifles.

We're going to need all the markings that are on the gun, and very likely good, clear pictures to figure out exactly what you have.